Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2019, 17:43   #1

Van Climate Control on SailBoat

Good day,

Has anyone attempted to install a camper van climate control system on a sailboat? This includes heating (air and water) and cooling (air only).

Looking around I have found that Eberspacher (aka Espar) has a heating and cooling "system" for automobiles that is simply a collection of their products linked to a single control display. My thoughts are that this should work for a muti-hull.

I have read on these forums that their Hydronic water heaters only have a lifetime of 3000 hrs. Since I would only be using it less than 1 hr a day for heating shower water only then I don't see this as an issue. I'll use the diesel air blowers to heat the boat.

What is more interesting is the 12V and 24V van air conditioning units (they also have heat and cool units). These are internal units so should be able to be installed in a well ventilated locker. With sufficient lithium phosphate batteries it should be no issue to run one of these on a from time to time even when on the hook.

Has anyone tried this before?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Espar.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	183338  
Ride is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, sail, sailboat