Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > Training, Licensing & Certification
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-2016, 20:38   #121

Re: Interesting read from one of our fellow female sailors.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandero View Post
Look.... I wasn't there... I don't know the entire history... the body language and so on. I do believe there is sexism out there... and we need less of it. This may not be a perfect example or a lesson... Frankly I don't care. My take away is that this couple (I think correctly) felt sexism in the experience described and they were probably correct. I can't say for sure.

If they write a blog about.. what's the big deal? They are entitled to write their beliefs? Why not?
The big deal is they weren't discussing marketing, racism and sexism in general terms, they targeted a specific business in an attempt to decrease it's sales.

How would you feel if someone with an axe to grind decided to make an example of you and tried to put you out of business?
socaldmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 23:48   #122
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

I read her article and most of the responses from those who seem to know her....General opinion was that she went into that meeting with an agenda and the poor guy trying to make a sale was blindsided by her already listening attitude.
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 00:03   #123

Boat: Catalina 470

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingWalkabout View Post
Well said. Speaking as a women, I think this blogger is a piece of nasty work. A chip on her shoulder and rude. If I was the business person who was attacked is such a way I would file a law suit for defamation. You can't go around slandering people and think it is OK.

I expect to see more of this character assisination by the next generation of brain washed idiots coming out of our colleges. They proudly call themselves SJW (Social Justice Warriors) when all they are is low intelligence social misfits with an attitude. And I am holding back in order to be politically correct.

I live part of the time in Argentina. It still annoys me when a waiter hands the check to the male even though I was the one calling for the check and I was the one paying for the meal. Do l tell him that his presumption was degrading of me as an equal member of society. No. Instead I note that everyone makes assumptions and act accordingly.

In business I find very little to no gender based discrimination. I get respect because I earn respect. I don't demand it. My achievement's speak for themselves.

These SJW types are a mindless bunch of indoctrinated losers. IMHO.
I find this very refreshing.

Sent from my vivo Y35 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
daletournier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sail