Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Powered Boats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-11-2010, 22:29   #1

Type of Fishing Boat ?

I wish to say thank you for all the knowledge I have received from this community over the years. I’ve never posted before because my questions were always answered thanks to the search feature. But, now I've got a question I can't find the answer for! What type of fishing boat design is this? Is its design better than the classic wooden west coast seiners so common around the Pacific NW? It's spent its life here in the Pacific NW as a fishing boat until recently it was being used as a sea urchin dive boat. I have always wanted a sailboat but now with the fishing market taking a hit here in Alaska such type boats are all over the market cheap. But none in this configuration with the flat pilot house and an incredible wide beam, 48 x 18. I was thinking of attaching a stabilizing sail and making an expedition type vessel out of her. I've heard how much maintenance wooden boats need but maybe it's the cold water up here because I've been told they don't require recaulking but every decade or longer. Any information you would have on this type of boat would be great! Thanks again and Happy Veteran’s Day.

Liberty Risk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:34   #2

She is beautiful. Do not know the answer to your questions, but if you convert her I would love to see pictures.
RainDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 13:49   #3

Thanks RainDog she does look beautiful but I'm still waiting for the interior pictures.
Liberty Risk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 13:56   #4
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate

An extremely sweet boat.... lucky man..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote