Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Powered Boats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2016, 13:33   #121

Boat: Westerly Sealord
Re: New Ocean Warrior is a Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann T. Cate View Post

Relative to his post #96, AFAIK, his comment for suggesting the whaling problem is only since the 20th century is correct, but it is only one of a few examples I gave of the general behavior of choosing one's own immediate benefit over the greater good of all of us--the tragedy of the commons. I agree that krill fishing is legal, but even so, it is an example, also, of a short-sighted policy which could lead to the extinction of ocean life.

A.
The whale fishery around greenland was 'fished out' by the mid 19th century with many species close to extinction in those waters.... thats why the whalers took orf down south with their steam harpoons and such.
Old 05-07-2016, 14:31   #122

Boat: Bieroc 36 foot Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by socaldmax View Post
Absolutely agree on all counts!

RC seems to gloss over all of the terrorist activities of SS, like blowing up ships with limpet mines, ramming fishing vessels, etc. Here's a list:

Meanwhile, not a single Japanese whaler has been arrested or charged with any crime, which any nation is welcome to do if they feel a crime has been committed.

Now if SS vessels want to track and radio in the positions of poaching vessels without endangering anyone's lives, I'm all for that. As RC posted, they have been instrumental in getting local authorities to arrest poachers when they pull into port. All of these poachers have to pull in somewhere to offload their catch, if authorities are tipped off that the fish in that vessel were poached, that's an immense help for nations that lack the resources to track these poachers in international waters.

Observe and report is fine, it's legal. Bombing, ramming and shooting at fishermen is not legal, it's terrorist activity. Nobody in their right mind should ever condone it, regardless of the motivation.

OH come on at least put the link where you googled that from. If you won't site it I will.

(一財) 日本鯨類研究所

I can make up a list like this about you, but it doens't mean it's true.

And Whaling for the commerical use of whale meat is ILLEGAL - as so found by the International Court of Justice.
Rustic Charm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 16:33   #123

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Charm View Post
I can make up a list like this about you, but it doens't mean it's true.
Classic denialism.

Care to identify any items on that list that you claim are not true? The ensuing link war will be amusing.
StuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 17:37   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuM View Post
Classic denialism.

Care to identify any items on that list that you claim are not true? The ensuing link war will be amusing.
Stu, just use some common sense. Don't believe or use everything Paul Watson says. That's just gullible. We know he lies, he claims he lies. He encourages lies. And somehow those of you that are so against SS but saying nothing against illegal poaching fall for it hook line and sinker.

Do you really think that if members of SS are going around sinking ships with 'mines' and 'explosives' that not just the Japaneese would be after him but he'd be on the number one FBI list for arrest and most other countries.

Do you not find it odd that whilst Watson takes credit for Sierra sinking, the official enquiry was concluded with no result. Supposedly from politcal pressure not to persue it oh of course the government was supporting SS

Ibsa I and Ibsa II, according to watson used magnetic mines really.. And the Spanish were so pissed they have a warrant out for him to this day following the massive enquiry that confirmed they were sunk by explosives yeah right..

The Canadian's on this forum should be able to confirm that protests in 1983 over seal hunting including a number of extremists groups including the notorious Animal Liberationist.. And yet their activities are down in this sheet as if Paul Watson was a member of ALF.

And apparently, members of Sea Shepherd are given complete open slather to fire rifles at POLICE in the Faroe Islands and no warrants seriously And AK47's

The article links him with the violence of Reykjavik in Iceland, which was again an Animal Liberation Front attack to which Paul Watson was never charged for. He was interviewed after he freely went to Iceland to be interviewed over the allegations and then released without charge.

Then there are a number of hearsay accusations from people that say what they saw and knew, 'poachers' none less. But for you guys, hey lets take the word of these poachers anyway.. after all it adds to our retoric.

And the report that he has a 'cannon' on the Sea Shepherd a Cannon.. OMG, that's funny.

And the idea that US Navy Seals would take instructions from Paul Watson I mean seriously.. You really believe this nonsense? Paul Watson would be laughing in his boots that you two swallow this nonsense hook line and sinker. And it's exactly what Paul Watson wants poachers to believe..

Paul Watson loves this stuff partly because he's got an over inflated ego and partly because, in amongst the tiny snippets of truth, there is a purpose to being so notorious.
Old 06-07-2016, 00:19   #125

Boat: CSY 44 Tall rig Sold!

Quote:
Stu, just use some common sense. Don't believe or use everything Paul Watson says. That's just gullible. We know he lies, he claims he lies. He encourages lies. And somehow those of you that are so against SS but saying nothing against illegal poaching fall for it hook line and sinker.

Do you really think that if members of SS are going around sinking ships with 'mines' and 'explosives' that not just the Japaneese would be after him but he'd be on the number one FBI list for arrest and most other countries.

Do you not find it odd that whilst Watson takes credit for Sierra sinking, the official enquiry was concluded with no result. Supposedly from politcal pressure not to persue it oh of course the government was supporting SS

Ibsa I and Ibsa II, according to watson used magnetic mines really.. And the Spanish were so pissed they have a warrant out for him to this day following the massive enquiry that confirmed they were sunk by explosives yeah right..

The Canadian's on this forum should be able to confirm that protests in 1983 over seal hunting including a number of extremists groups including the notorious Animal Liberationist.. And yet their activities are down in this sheet as if Paul Watson was a member of ALF.

And apparently, members of Sea Shepherd are given complete open slather to fire rifles at POLICE in the Faroe Islands and no warrants seriously And AK47's

The article links him with the violence of Reykjavik in Iceland, which was again an Animal Liberation Front attack to which Paul Watson was never charged for. He was interviewed after he freely went to Iceland to be interviewed over the allegations and then released without charge.

Then there are a number of hearsay accusations from people that say what they saw and knew, 'poachers' none less. But for you guys, hey lets take the word of these poachers anyway.. after all it adds to our retoric.

And the report that he has a 'cannon' on the Sea Shepherd a Cannon.. OMG, that's funny.

And the idea that US Navy Seals would take instructions from Paul Watson I mean seriously.. You really believe this nonsense? Paul Watson would be laughing in his boots that you two swallow this nonsense hook line and sinker. And it's exactly what Paul Watson wants poachers to believe..

Paul Watson loves this stuff partly because he's got an over inflated ego and partly because, in amongst the tiny snippets of truth, there is a purpose to being so notorious.

My 2 cents its a retired hunter...
neilpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 02:49   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuM View Post
Classic denialism.

He never does.

But there will be some interesting tale as to why not.
socaldmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 02:51   #127

Quote:
He never does.

But there will be some interesting tale as to why not.
But I did see above.

And I always do. Ask me a question, I answer. I 'always' do.
Old 06-07-2016, 03:02   #128

Quote:
But I did see above.

And I always do. Ask me a question, I answer. I 'always' do.

No, you made a bunch of unsubstantiated statements, as usual.

We want links, from credible sources.
Old 06-07-2016, 03:09   #129

Quote:
No, you made a bunch of unsubstantiated statements, as usual.

We want links, from credible sources.
No, you made the 'list' of unsubstantiated statements, I simply mocked them.

If something is not true, made up, exaggerated, then how can I provide a link that proves its not true? For example, the silly example you posted that navy seals had done Paul watson's bidding. Surely, it's your list, it's your claim, so surely any reasonable person would expect you to provide a link to 'credible sources' that it really did happen?

Or what about the idea that the vessel Sea Shepherd has a cannon on the front of it surely you can provide a picture to substantiate your claim.. Something to back up your statements

Otherwise, I can come up with an allegation that Donald Trump was born on another planet and therefor can't be president, and you of course will dispute that and say, that's rubbish. To which I will then challenge you to provide a credible source to your claim that it's rubbish.

Now, wouldn't that be silly
Old 06-07-2016, 07:45   #130

Quote:
No, you made the 'list' of unsubstantiated statements, I simply mocked them.

If something is not true, made up, exaggerated, then how can I provide a link that proves its not true? For example, the silly example you posted that navy seals had done Paul watson's bidding. Surely, it's your list, it's your claim, so surely any reasonable person would expect you to provide a link to 'credible sources' that it really did happen?

Or what about the idea that the vessel Sea Shepherd has a cannon on the front of it surely you can provide a picture to substantiate your claim.. Something to back up your statements

Otherwise, I can come up with an allegation that Donald Trump was born on another planet and therefor can't be president, and you of course will dispute that and say, that's rubbish. To which I will then challenge you to provide a credible source to your claim that it's rubbish.

Now, wouldn't that be silly

I'm beginning to think you're from another planet.

I didn't type that list up, I wouldn't waste that much time. It was copied and pasted from a website. Compiled by an org and published on the web.

http://www.icrwhale.org/eng/history.pdf

Now, as requested, post up your source of info that can credibly prove that any or all of that is wrong. Since you openly admit that your hero is a self aggrandizing liar, I wouldn't recommend him as a possible source.

Old 06-07-2016, 09:18   #131

Boat: CSY 44 Tall rig Sold!

The bow is impressive!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bow area.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	127476  
neilpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 15:06   #132

Quote:
I'm beginning to think you're from another planet.

I didn't type that list up, I wouldn't waste that much time. It was copied and pasted from a website. Compiled by an org and published on the web.

http://www.icrwhale.org/eng/history.pdf

Now, as requested, post up your source of info that can credibly prove that any or all of that is wrong. Since you openly admit that your hero is a self aggrandizing liar, I wouldn't recommend him as a possible source.

And as you usually do, you start turning personal :

You put forward the list from a Japanese whaling site. They are your allegations. Common sense dictates it's up to you to provide the 'credible' sources substantiating your allegations. That's how it works.
Old 06-07-2016, 15:34   #133

Quote:
And as you usually do, you start turning personal :

You put forward the list from a Japanese whaling site. They are your allegations. Common sense dictates it's up to you to provide the 'credible' sources substantiating your allegations. That's how it works.
That's from a research institute. Much more credible than SS, that's for sure.

Don't just claim they're wrong. PROVE they're wrong.

Find some news articles that refute that list of terrorist acts.
Old 06-07-2016, 15:41   #134

Quote:
That's from a research institute. Much more credible than SS, that's for sure.

Don't just claim they're wrong. PROVE they're wrong.

Find some news articles that refute that list of terrorist acts.
'research institute', that's funny. You will be about the only one that believes that. OMG

Hey, socaldmax, I heard last year you ran aground last year whilst doing an over nighter. How's the damage, everything ok?
Old 06-07-2016, 15:51   #135

Boat: Nantucket Island 33

I'm staying neutral, but curiosity got the better of me.

https://www.seashepherd.org.au/who-w...r-history.html

Personally, I think physically attacking other vessels is wrong, even if the cause is perceived as noble. This is the same justification used for waging wars regardless of whether the side is the defender or aggressor.

And man, that bow could slice tomato.
Reefmagnet is offline   Reply With Quote