Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.80 average. Display Modes
Old 28-06-2014, 14:03   #556

Boat: Concept 40 with 3' dive platform extension. Rebuild of boat and life in progress!
Re: I Think I Saw MH370 - NEW ATSB Report 26 June 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
Would it help to have a 2nd flight sim done? Can contact Mitchell Casado who did the flight sim for CNN. I have his twitter.
It would be pointless because the permutations are endless UNTIL information is laid out in the open for public scrutiny by all Authorities and that aint gonna happen!

Just think of the jobs and money involved! Adam Smith called it the Invisible Hand which he published in 1776!

That is why Kate and I, as well as many others on this forum have chosen to go cruising - get away from this sort of petty fiefdom self interest protectionism!
Old 28-06-2014, 14:38   #557

Boat: Concept 40 with 3' dive platform extension. Rebuild of boat and life in progress!
Re: I Think I Saw MH370

Stewart have you seen how close your track matches the new radar track shown in yesterdays press release??

Click image for larger version

Name:	New Data  reappears on <a title=radar 1.jpg Views: 275 Size: 94.6 KB ID: 84088" style="margin: 2px" />

Name:	Stewart.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	232.0 KB
ID:	84085

Just round the corners and is is pretty damned close!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	New Data  reappears on radar.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	84086  
Old 28-06-2014, 16:13   #558

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAP Waves View Post
Stewart have you seen how close your track matches the new radar track shown in yesterdays press release??

Attachment 84088
Attachment 84085

Just round the corners and is is pretty damned close!
For one thing that was not a radar track. A lot of artistic license with a couple of data points. Besides, the new track I sent you is quite different in order to try to make the timeline. I may post it tomorrow or Tuesday. I've been doing a lot of "flying" trying to make it all work out.
stewball5 is offline   Reply
Old 28-06-2014, 16:18   #559

Quote:
Have you put the SIM flight on a you tube video so that we can see it?
No, I have not. Have not even made a video.
stewball5 is offline   Reply
Old 28-06-2014, 16:49   #560

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewball5 View Post
After re-reading the blog today I felt compelled to writing something a little on the philosophical side. For sure, our personal experiences through life are used to form our opinions. I thought I’d use myself as an example.

My first experience with aviation tragedy occurred when I was six years old when my father was killed in a USAF KB-29P Boeing aerial refueling aircraft. The memories of that tragic day still haunt me and are blamed for my Post Traumatic Syndrome Disorder, commonly known as PTSD.

I served for twenty years in the Air Force and during that time was fortunately able to fly. Twice I came back to Edwards AFB, CA, after nearly having to eject from aircraft. Another time, I came home as co-pilot in a NASA Dryden Research Center “retired” USN R4D (aka C-47 and DC-3), with the right engine smoldering after a fire. I am very thankful for the flight engineer we had on board, who stop-cocked the fuel, increased power on the left engine, feathered the prop, and closed the cowl flaps. This was all done before either the pilot or I could take action. We were at 500 feet over Rogers Dry Lake going home. The flight engineer’s experience included flying the Indian “Hump” during WWII in a R4D and rebuilding the airplane we were in.

Experiences shape our opinions. First-hand experiences sharpen those opinions and often cause us to think out-of-the-box where others dare not think.
Similar experiences, similar backgrounds and similar unbiased reasonings no doubt. The only difference is I still have a broken back and can pass on my experiential and credible thoughts without fear of personal ridicule by others (hint hint)...
Please, let's all try to act with dignity and remain respectful of others people's opinions, beliefs and thought processes.
Jess928 is offline   Reply
Old 29-06-2014, 20:27   #561

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Quote:
You seem to say it after I post. If it's directed at me; perhaps you should PM me.
Why?...Do you think I might call you a drama queen?
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply
Old 29-06-2014, 20:33   #562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor View Post
I knew I'd be sorry for re-subscribing
Would you like some cheese with your whine ?

"The best cure for sea sickness, is to sit under a tree."
~Spike Milligan.
.............."Life's not fair, and people don't act right"~Me.........
Andrew B. is offline   Reply
Old 29-06-2014, 21:41   #563

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

no thanks Dudly...I'll leave that to you. The thread has become cheezy enough as it is.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply
Old 29-06-2014, 23:47   #564
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor View Post
The thread has become cheezy enough as it is.
Yes, I agree with CelestialSailor. As many of the posters now on this thread have only joined CruisersForum for this thread its obvious that our forum is in danger of being hijacked.

This has changed from a simple claim of seeing something and appropriate advice of telling the authorities to .... well.... something else.

Can the Mods look at it?

Mark

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
MarkJ is offline   Reply
Old 30-06-2014, 00:04   #565
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sunmaid 20, John Welsford Navigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
Yes, I agree with CelestialSailor. As many of the posters now on this thread have only joined CruisersForum for this thread its obvious that our forum is in danger of being hijacked.

This has changed from a simple claim of seeing something and appropriate advice of telling the authorities to .... well.... something else.

Can the Mods look at it?

Mark
The forum is not in any danger of being hijacked at all. The posters who joined just for this thread have stayed on this thread and have acted with civility and respect for the rules. Saucy has implied that the thread should remain open as it could still be helpful to people and we should all respect her wishes. If and when it is closed she will be involved in the decision.

If anyone is not happy with the thread then do not subscribe to it or simply put it on ignore, it is not interfering with anything else on the forum.

Coops.
Old 30-06-2014, 00:56   #566
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucySailoress View Post
I just posted this in the comments section of the Phuket Gazette follow up:

On this positive note, now that I think I know what the glowing plane was, can anybody help me identify what the bright white light was? To recap, we sighted it over the previous two nights off to starboard (South of us). The first time we saw it, when we checked the location it was over a marked cable. So we figured maybe it was a maintenance vessel, and since it'd have to be a pretty big boat to maintain anything that deep, that would explain the really bright light. It was over the horizon, we couldn't see the source. We saw it over two nights as we moved past it.

Anybody know what cable that is, and who would be maintaining it? And were they, at that time?
most likely it would be purse seine netter or local vessels pair fishing for ikan bilis (anchovy) either would be lit up like a xmas tree and visible for many miles.

military vessels generally do not show lights.
atoll is offline   Reply
Old 30-06-2014, 02:27   #567
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoll View Post
most likely it would be purse seine netter or local vessels pair fishing for ikan bilis (anchovy) either would be lit up like a xmas tree and visible for many miles.

military vessels generally do not show lights.
We don't think so. We have passed MANY fishing fleets, and the glow of each vessel in a fleet is tiny compared to this. This was like a football field over the horizon. And it was a massive light. All the fishing vessels in the biggest fleet I've seen couldn't have got together to create anything this bright and high. It was one massive dome of white glow, not a series of smaller lights.

That said, my mind isn't closed to the possibility.
SaucySailoress is offline   Reply
Old 30-06-2014, 02:48   #568

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coops View Post
The forum is not in any danger of being hijacked at all. The posters who joined just for this thread have stayed on this thread and have acted with civility and respect for the rules. Saucy has implied that the thread should remain open as it could still be helpful to people and we should all respect her wishes. If and when it is closed she will be involved in the decision.

If anyone is not happy with the thread then do not subscribe to it or simply put it on ignore, it is not interfering with anything else on the forum.

Coops.
Not speaking for Saucy but I think it is wonderful of the team running it to keep it as a record for public to go to source.

As clearly it is reaching beyond this, Kate and I are looking to try amalgamate the political stuff elsewhere as here it is not appropriate as this started with Kate asking opinions as to what she should do about her sighting and a place to give public access to the source information, which certainly has helped her deal with this
opinions cause alot of feelings which most cannot avoid making or taking as personal.

As we, and many others here, feel that this possible sighting has given hope to victims as it has brought their case back to the forefront, we would like to keep the pressure going on the authorities so that they can hopefully get closure.
That unfortunately needs to come from public pressure as the authorities do not disclose vital information which can help the many volunteers, some experts in various fields related to different aspects of this mystery, as well as any and every ones questions.

There is no such things as a stupid question!
Often a look in from the outside comes up with new lines of thought!
Really there is no need for ANY personal attacks.

Respect that we are all different and are entitled to our views, but allow your views to be modified when better knowledge becomes available through the exchange of ideas and evaluating others opinions - that is what takes the personal out of it!

Marc
Old 30-06-2014, 04:56   #569

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew B. View Post
Would you like some cheese with your whine ?
A bit sad about the whine: Truck carrying wine destroyed by fire on Pacific Highway in Sydney - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
Gclark8 is offline   Reply
Old 30-06-2014, 09:29   #570

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess928 View Post
Every single piece of information supplied by the Malaysian government seems to be ambiguous at the very least.
The MH370 incident is definately a tradgedy but the question here is whether Saucy saw something regardless of government statements. I've spent a couple of months now trying to think outside the box and to be honest, the only apparent credable information to work with seems to be Saucy's eye witness account of a glowing object that 'could be an aircraft in distress' (my words not hers) and a fairly comprehensive GPS log which Marc kindly supplied. Everything else that has been released by the authorities just does not add up for some reason.
Like I said Marc....'official' information still does not add up even after a couple of months crowd sourcing. Regardless of what anyone else thinks, something just isn't right with the whole disappearance thing. Even Professor Fox, Head of Cunningness at Cunning University is probably as bemused as everyone else!?
Jess928 is offline   Reply
Closed Thread