Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.80 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-06-2014, 02:58   #10

Re: I Think I Saw MH370

Frustrated is perhaps the wrong word... I'm just a bit worried that you are trying to convince yourself that what you saw was MH370 in spite of the lack of evidence. People are producing ever more detailed scenarios, but I remember that to begin with you didn't know what time or even what day the sighting was on. All you saw was a glow, which you guessed was an aircraft. We should keep cool heads here, if that's not too patronising. Military aircraft or testing, space debris re-entry, ISS pass, search aircraft and many other possibilities all seem more likely to me than a burning airliner which miraculously keeps on flying for a further five hours. I am concerned about what effect feeling you were involved in this accident could be having on you.

The most likely scenarios to me have always been that the MH370 accident was due to an act of unlawful interference, pilot suicide, or the more exotic scenario of a pressurisation problem. I have never heard any plausible scenario involving fire, and we have to see this in that context. I am not speaking as an uninformed 'interested party' with little experience of aviation as some of our new members are, and my very carefully considered view is that it just doesn't work. I regret not making that clear earlier. That is all I find frustrating.
europaflyer is offline   Reply