Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-03-2015, 14:11   #166
Registered User
 
Julie Mor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 401
Re: How Do You Let Go?

If we were purely logical in all the decisions we made, we'd all be living in houses designed only for our actual needs - no lavish bedroom suites, no "entertaining amenities" we might only use once or twice a year. Sports cars would never have been created. Paint colors would be limited to the basic colors. There would be no women wearing high heels or men in Armani suits. Credit cards would be obsolete because we'd never buy anything we didn't have the money for. And we'd all have a lot more money in our pockets.

But that's not how the human creature is. We are rarely practical or logical but we do an amazing job convincing ourselves and those in our lives we are just that when nothing could further from the truth. Humans are masters at denial.

Oooooo, nice! Furuno instruments. Me likes!

Ay, but do they work?
__________________

__________________
“Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.”
― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows
Julie Mor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 15:30   #167
Registered User
 
Terra Nova's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Marina del Rey, California
Boat: Freya 39 cutter- Terra Nova
Posts: 3,649
Re: How Do You Let Go?

Looks like you are leaking the identity, little by little, in hopes someone will deduce its ID and buy it before you can make a decision.
__________________

__________________
1st rule of yachting: When a collision is unavoidable, aim for something cheap.
"whatever spare parts you bring, you'll never need"--goboatingnow
"Id rather drown than have computers take over my life."--d design
Terra Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 15:54   #168
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: WY / Currently in Hayes VA on the Chesapeake
Boat: Ocean Alexander, Ocean 44
Posts: 922
Re: How Do You Let Go?

As a young man I told my Dad I was going to marry for money. He told me that would be a big mistake and that I wouldn't be happy. But....if I nerver dated anyone that didn't have a lot of money someday I would fall in love, get married and have a lot of money. Of course as a teenager I didn't follow his advice...

I would say the same advice should apply here but it sounds like it's TOO LATE!

With your mix of obviously humorous photos and some that could be for real. Let me just say that I'm in love just from the engine pic if that is real.
__________________
darylat8750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 16:02   #169
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: WY / Currently in Hayes VA on the Chesapeake
Boat: Ocean Alexander, Ocean 44
Posts: 922
Re: How Do You Let Go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieMac View Post
Really, is this what the forum has come to? (I can use a translator, you know)

As a woman, I think you guys have crossed the line. I expected better.

Maybe you wish to share this with your female partner or spouse? Better yet, include in your Mother's Day card this year....

Guy, not "Guys ".
I don't speak Spanish and I didn't use a translator but from your reaction I disavow any....... Maybe I should try to figure out that translator thing.
__________________
darylat8750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 16:19   #170
Moderator
 
weavis's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: SEVILLE - MALLORCA
Posts: 10,135
Send a message via Skype™ to weavis
Re: How Do You Let Go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darylat8750 View Post
Guy, not "Guys ".
I don't speak Spanish and I didn't use a translator but from your reaction I disavow any....... Maybe I should try to figure out that translator thing.
Might start with Italian.....
__________________
- Never test how deep the water is with both feet -
10% of conflicts are due to different opinions. 90% by the tone of voice.
Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.
weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 17:03   #171
Registered User

Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 180
Re: How Do You Let Go?

Julie uses her parallel of competition to win in a decision between her emotion and her logic.


The boat will carry her self appreciation in its value after she makes a decision. The boat will begin to shine and carry an emotional gratification, it's only the logic entering into it when making the initial decision. Emotion will endure, logic will abandon her.


Even your gratification working behind that panel on hard, you will find the emotional build growing far beyond and heal those bruises logic has dealt you. You will be more emotionally gratified by the lull of the ocean as you rock and yawl through the seas' attack on your logic when the boat takes you to heights of pleasure beyond logic.


You cannot use logic to determine the winner of this boxing match, for she will abandon you at the first crest of your sleep and found within you dream -- fulfilled.


Fulfilled only by ownership, and only with emotional gratification.


We accepted the boat is wood, but plywood, thin sheets of plywood just don't count.


Accept the ten count, emotion wins in the end and keeps on giving, so buy the boat.


You will suffer, you will suffer if you . . . . Neighbor just rang, gotta go
__________________
Steve1944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 17:06   #172
Registered User

Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 180
Re: How Do You Let Go?

Oh yeah, I am a novelist. Pawns by Steve Shapiro | 9780984813322 | Paperback | Barnes & Noble Sometimes you gotta just let the bullet bite you.


Like Margie, Julie, you gotta take his stuff outta his pocket to know just who he is. In Pawns, Don Day didn't know that until she gave him back his wallet.
__________________
Steve1944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 17:24   #173
Registered User
 
Julie Mor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 401
Re: How Do You Let Go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1944 View Post
Accept the ten count, emotion wins in the end and keeps on giving, so buy the boat.
But that would be giving up! Logical has never given up. And someone ringside just handed Logical a note... a note that could change everything!

8.......
__________________
“Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.”
― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows
Julie Mor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 20:45   #174
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,413
Re: How Do You Let Go?

Julie...
With all due respect... I have lost interest in this thread... It seems more like a playground for jerk people around...then an attempt to get some sound advice.

Good luck with your boat quest... I suggest you try another tack.
__________________
Sandero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 20:56   #175
Registered User
 
Stu Jackson's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cowichan Bay, BC (Maple Bay Marina)
Posts: 6,387
Re: How Do You Let Go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandero View Post
Julie...
It seems more like a playground ...
Could she just be trying to write The Book?
__________________
Stu Jackson
Catalina 34 #224 (1986) C34IA Secretary
Cowichan Bay, BC, (Maple Bay Marina) SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)
Stu Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 22:58   #176
Registered User

Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 180
Re: How Do You Let Go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Mor View Post
But that would be giving up! Logical has never given up. And someone ringside just handed Logical a note... a note that could change everything!

8.......
You're wrong. Logic does give up. It's called resolution.
__________________
Steve1944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 23:08   #177
Senior Cruiser
 
Toys_with_time's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Summer 1 sailing in the Aegean, summer 2 in Australia (earning $ to pay for summer 1)
Boat: FP Lipari 42, Katmazu
Posts: 218
Re: How Do You Let Go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorchic34 View Post
Buying a sailboat is so not about logic. Pretty much everyone I know fell in love with the boat they purchased. You just know when you see the boat. The little voice, says this is it. OK sometimes the little voice is crazy.
Maybe that's why I ended up with a catamaran - I bought it based on a spreadsheet (ducks for cover b4 mono owners start throwing things)

TwT
__________________
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air........
Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1803-1882
Toys_with_time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 03:51   #178
Moderator
 
weavis's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: SEVILLE - MALLORCA
Posts: 10,135
Send a message via Skype™ to weavis
Re: How Do You Let Go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toys_with_time View Post
Maybe that's why I ended up with a catamaran - I bought it based on a spreadsheet (ducks for cover b4 mono owners start throwing things)

TwT
Naah. Catamarans have equal worth as a vessel. The exclusivity and resentment has long been relegated to the past with Catamarans proving their worth and reliability and desirability.

what should be left is a gentle ribbing between the mono and multi crowd.

I love them.
__________________
- Never test how deep the water is with both feet -
10% of conflicts are due to different opinions. 90% by the tone of voice.
Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.
weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 12:16   #179
Registered User
 
Julie Mor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 401
Re: How Do You Let Go?

Logical let the ref know she's ready to return to the fight. But the ref sees the note in Logical's hand. The two fighters return to the center and await the signal for the bout to continue when the ref waves his hands and says,

"This fight is over! There will be no winner."


The two fighters, knowing why, walk, as friends, from the ring to the locker room. A reporter nearby puts a microphone in the ref's face and asks, "What happened? Why did you call the fight?"

The ref hands the reporter the note. The confusion on his face turns to understanding and he knows there was no need to continue the fight, for something out of control of either boxer took the dream boat out of the picture.


__________________
“Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.”
― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows
Julie Mor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 12:36   #180
Registered User
 
Stu Jackson's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cowichan Bay, BC (Maple Bay Marina)
Posts: 6,387
Re: How Do You Let Go?

Well, that conclusion was obvious. If you'd shown us the picture, we could have told you to bail pages ago!

1. Boom end sheeting - ugh!

2. No plumb bow - slow!

3. Blue hull - too hot!

4. Center cockpit - stair too steep!

5. No davits! 'Nuff said.

6. Big genoa - too dangerous in winds over X knots!

7. Portlights in hull - leak sources!

8. I'm sure Ex-Calif will chime in with the rest of the Top Ten!

9. ???

10. ???





Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Mor View Post
Logical let the ref know she's ready to return to the fight. But the ref sees the note in Logical's hand. The two fighters return to the center and await the signal for the bout to continue when the ref waves his hands and says,

"This fight is over! There will be no winner."


The two fighters, knowing why, walk, as friends, from the ring to the locker room. A reporter nearby puts a microphone in the ref's face and asks, "What happened? Why did you call the fight?"

The ref hands the reporter the note. The confusion on his face turns to understanding and he knows there was no need to continue the fight, for something out of control of either boxer took the dream boat out of the picture.


__________________

__________________
Stu Jackson
Catalina 34 #224 (1986) C34IA Secretary
Cowichan Bay, BC, (Maple Bay Marina) SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)
Stu Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Puerto Vallarta Sailors - Let me help you maintain you boat! wetdream Our Community 0 01-09-2014 11:34
Crew Available: Let's Get You Back From Mexico ! rebel heart Crew Archives 0 21-02-2011 13:30
Let me introduce you AnchorageGuy Meets & Greets 2 30-03-2003 06:16



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 16:22.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.