Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Cruising News & Events
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-05-2014, 17:46   #106

Boat: Paper Tiger 14 foot, Gemini 105MC 34 foot Catamaran Hull no 825
Re: Cautionary tale: falling overboard while peeing

I would suggest strongly against peeing from a Dinghy, Thats just dangerous,
Mr B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2014, 18:03   #107

Boat: BAYLINER 4788

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
Wifey B: And did you picture me peeing outdoors too? Bad Kevin.
Now I'm laughing!

I am an old man. Watching even the cutest girl (or guy for that matter) peeing outside is of little interest to me.

I'd rather have a talking frog.

Someday I'll explain that one.
ksanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2014, 18:15   #108

Boat: 1977 Clipper Marine 32'

Love this forum, I know I am not the only crazy one around. 107 pee posts! Amazing.
ravinracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2014, 18:18   #109
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

There is danger in everything and safe methods to completely minimize those risks.

If you don't personally practice those methods.... then how can you criticise?

Jim..... our favorite loving place is actually under the water while buddy breathing.
Neutral bouancy, cool clean tropical conditions, we only share our passion with the cleaner fish who like to feed on the by products of our ecstasy.

It tickles!
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2014, 18:18   #110

Boat: Various

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravinracin View Post
Love this forum, I know I am not the only crazy one around. 107 pee posts! Amazing.
You made 108 though. Hard to talk about us all being crazy when you're reading too. So here's 109
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2014, 18:18   #111

Boat: 1972 Aquarius 23'

I can say in the 47 states I have been through I made sure I have left my mark on the highway in between the tractor and trailer. I have also watered the bushes at home rather frequently. My one boat its tough at daytime since anyone on shore can see me. I have peed on deck and scouped up some water to rince it off and cracked on the bilge pump. Anywhere I will not get arrested for I have no problem to assume a superman stance and be relieved. Once the sailboat hits the water I could pull my rudder out and it looks like a great place to leave a leak right from the safety of the cockpit.

Underway on a solo watch I would be sure to be clipped in and have a sturdy place to even lock bolth arms in. If a little splashes on the side im sure sooner or later the seas will wash it away. If in a storm and can not leave the helm whats a little more water toaddto the mess. Feel warm for a moment then rince and wash up when time is right.
Wonderinlost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2014, 18:20   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksanders View Post
Now I'm laughing!

I am an old man. Watching even the cutest girl (or guy for that matter) peeing outside is of little interest to me.

I'd rather have a talking frog.

Someday I'll explain that one.
Wifey B: My point exactly. Since peeing wasn't part of your image of us, then nothing has been shattered.

Talking frog sounds cool but probably like all those people thinking their dog talks.
Old 18-05-2014, 18:22   #113

Boat: 11meter Power catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagic View Post
There is danger in everything and safe methods to completely minimize those risks.

If you don't personally practice those methods.... then how can you criticise?

Jim..... our favorite loving place is actually under the water while buddy breathing.
Neutral bouancy, cool clean tropical conditions, we only share our passion with the cleaner fish who like to feed on the by products of our ecstasy.

It tickles!
It is possible. need tropical waters however.
downunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2014, 18:37   #114

Quote:
Wifey B: My point exactly. Since peeing wasn't part of your image of us, then nothing has been shattered.

Talking frog sounds cool but probably like all those people thinking their dog talks.
WifeB, you and your husband are interesting to correspond with. A bit of a mystery if you will.

You get little glimpses of people from what they post, the experiences they share, and the words they use.

You both have a excellent command of the english language. Your writing styles indicates education. You discuss things in a way that shows a good depth of knowledge on various subjects, also indicating that at a minimum you are well read.

Your description of places, things and events is in the first person, and I believe that you are and or were actually at the places and saw the things you describe.

I have some questions about your boating, and boats. If you can do so without giving up your privacy...

Do you own the boats you talk about? I don't mean to ask in a prying way, just to determine if you are chartering or if you actually have an interest in the boats you talk about.

I ask this because I've heard you describe cruising on the gulf coast, and then just a few weeks later you are describing cruising in the PACNW.

I also ask because you described a 85' boat, a Westport pacific mariner. That seems to me to be a boat that would generally utilize a professional captain on.

So, and its OK, to decline to answer, just let me know you're declining.

Do you own your own boat(s) or do you charter boats ?
Do you command the boats you are on, or do you use the services of professional captains?
What is the status of the westport you are taking to Alaska this summer?

BTW the offer is still open for you and yours to share a glass of wine with us when you make Seward, Alaska. We get allot of visitors to Seward and really enjoy meeting travelers that come visit our home port.

As long as neither of you pee on our dock.
Old 18-05-2014, 18:46   #115
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Cautionary tale: falling overboard while peeing

Don't trust him.. he cling films toilets...

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Human Rights only matter when it's politically expedient.. and politicians NEVER bite the hand that feeds.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2014, 19:35   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksanders View Post
Do you own the boats you talk about? I don't mean to ask in a prying way, just to determine if you are chartering or if you actually have an interest in the boats you talk about.

I ask this because I've heard you describe cruising on the gulf coast, and then just a few weeks later you are describing cruising in the PACNW.

I also ask because you described a 85' boat, a Westport pacific mariner. That seems to me to be a boat that would generally utilize a professional captain on.

So, and its OK, to decline to answer, just let me know you're declining.

Do you own your own boat(s) or do you charter boats ?
Do you command the boats you are on, or do you use the services of professional captains?
What is the status of the westport you are taking to Alaska this summer?

BTW the offer is still open for you and yours to share a glass of wine with us when you make Seward, Alaska. We get allot of visitors to Seward and really enjoy meeting travelers that come visit our home port.

As long as neither of you pee on our dock.
We have chartered a lot over the past couple of years but also owned. Chartered much the same as we were having built. Live in Fort Lauderdale. PNW because we took a delivery there and choose to explore and take a slow trip home. We are at home right now however. We take breaks. Got out on the ICW and canal cruising today but a bit rough to enjoy going outside.

Will answer more in private. And hope to meet you in Seward.

Oh and are captains ourselves although limited, need more sea time which we're working on. But we also use professional. And always getting training from them.
Old 18-05-2014, 19:53   #117

Quote:
We have chartered a lot over the past couple of years but also owned. Chartered much the same as we were having built. Live in Fort Lauderdale. PNW because we took a delivery there and choose to explore and take a slow trip home. We are at home right now however. We take breaks. Got out on the ICW and canal cruising today but a bit rough to enjoy going outside.

Will answer more in private. And hope to meet you in Seward.

Oh and are captains ourselves although limited, need more sea time which we're working on. But we also use professional. And always getting training from them.
I can respect that. Thanks.

Please look us up in Seward. We'll have a nice bottle of organic wine ready.
Old 21-05-2014, 13:44   #118

Boat: Cheoy Lee 47 CC

Funny, while on a flight from LA to Boston a number of years ago I was seated next to a young coastie rescue swimmer.
In talking about his job he mentioned that when he first joined they had to retrieve a drowning victim, he was quite surprised to see the victim had no pants and his skivvies were down around his ankles. He mentioned this to the more experienced coastie wich got him the "what are you stupid" look and the reply question "what do you think he was doing when he fell overboard?".
Pretty much summed it up.
Guess it happens more frequently than we like to think.
lifeofreilly57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2014, 14:31   #119
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

Taking a blood/alcohol test would tell the real story in most of those cases
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2014, 16:53   #120

Boat: 21 ft sail boat
Thumbs down Re: Cautionary tale: falling overboard while peeing

Combination of a violently rocking boat, concenrating holding on, concentrating doing your thing, and some alcohol all at the same time.....
Adventurebound is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
overboard