Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-10-2010, 06:49   #1

Another New Guy Pontificates . . .

I'm thinking, if everyone on this forum just sends me $50.00 I can get to The Dream a lot faster than what I'm currently doing: Working my tail off 18/7 and piling the the money toward debt and investment savings as hard and as fast as I can paddle.

And the fuel - the motivation - is the posts I read on this forum. The more you keep romancing The Dream, the more I'm motivated, so don't be afraid to exaggerate the positives and downplay the challenges. I'm sure that reality will all make it self painfully/joyfully clear when the time comes. But for now, I need to Keep Believing, as I pull myself awake at another 4-dark-30 and hit the computer for a few hours on my home business before going to The Job and putting in the salaried prerequisite 60 hours-per-week, then back to working the home business until 10-dark-30 and weekends.

I'm 51. And I could blame the economy, etc. for the fact that I can't do The Dream today, but let's face it, I just plain planned poorly, and now I have to do penitence for a few hard years before my better and I can do all the cliché's that cruisers post about, that contain words like sun and naps and adventure and sunsets and strong fish and love on the beach.

Okay, I'll get back to doing my search for titles containing the word "Bahamas" (without the word, "hurricane") while the video project I'm current working on for the local FOX TV station renders out (another 12 mins). I'm a videographer by trade, working full time at a church as the Media Director (also doing some Pastoral duties) and working almost as many hours on the side now to hope for, pray for, strain for with struggling belief, The Dream.

You see. Wouldn't it be easier if you all just sent me $50.00?

See you on the forum!

Rick
Rick Inman is offline   Reply With Quote