Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-07-2022, 09:44   #1

Tampa to Michigan

My boyfriend and I are trying to get home to michigan. Is there any boaters going up towards Michigan? Or have any other suggestions because do have a dog so it’s making travel that much harder.
Thanks
WendtS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2022, 21:36   #2

Boat: 1956 Bud McIntosh 36' schooner
Re: Tampa to Michigan

Hi WendtS. You gave us some context but not enough for us to really help. Are you trying to hitchhike on a boat? You might find that difficult precisely because you do have a doggo. There are sites that are dedicated to finding crew (such as CrewFinder) that may give you better visibility, but I think the addition of the dog may limit your success.

Is it a small dog? Portable? The type that has to jump when it barks? You may find some success with a combination of public transportation options, such as rome2rio.com which will find multiple ways of getting to a place.

Other than all of that I would say the quickest and a fairly cheap option is renting a vehicle airport-to-airport as it tends to be cheaper than rental facility to rental facility. And the doggo can come.
thesaltytar is offline   Reply With Quote