Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-08-2018, 01:27   #1

Need help locating Beneteau fabric

Hello.

We own a 2008 Beneteau Oceanis 43, and want to do some modifications to it this winter. And for that I am trying to get hold of some more of the interior fabric that is on the sofa.
I tried my local dealer, who contacted Beneteau France (I think), but they do no longer supply this fabric. So I thought maybe some of you can help me?

I have a photo of the seats on my phone, but I can’t upload it to the forum?
I’ll try my best to describe it:
It is dark blue with lighter blue, small stripes. Inside the stripes there are “diamonds”. The diamonds consists of 9 small, white squares that are placed with some space between to make it look like the shape of diamonds.

Best regards,
Sindre
Norway
Doorbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2018, 04:38   #2

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 523 (2005)
Re: Need help locating Beneteau fabric

If Beneteau doesn’t have it it may be hard to find... try asking them if they know the brand / model? One other thing is to consider that your current fabric is 10 years old. It’s likely faded / worn smoother compared to new - so it may look “odd” old side-by-side with new. Perhaps consider a contrasting fabric that complements existing? Might mean more work to refit to a nice pattern but it could look awesome...?
Unity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2018, 05:52   #3

Re: Need help locating Beneteau fabric

Hello and thank you for the reply.
The fabric in the boat is probably a bit fainted, but it's in pretty good conditions, so i do not think that should be a problem.
The new cushion i'm going to make is going to have some air around it, so that helps a bit in my favor.

Yes, that is a really good idea. If i do not succeed on "my mission", this might be the way to go around the problem.
Doorbell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beneteau, fabric