Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-2011, 04:01   #91
cruiser

Boat: Power Cruiser: Free Agent
Re: Dealing with Non-Custodial Parents

In some places now it's what the child wants.
In California it's pretty much that way, unless the ex wants to hire legal help and pursue it,, and probably loose,, because like I said, it's what the child wants.

Stepping into a family lawyers office now is $2000 USA dollars just the first day when the Atty pulls down the flag on the meter.

Every dispute we had with our ex's ended up being about $14.000 to $20.000,, and it came right back down to the judge asking the kids what they wanted.

Often the child will want to be with parent they aren't currently with, so think that through too.
Sounds like your son wants to be with mom,, and that's that.

All my kids wanted to be with me because it's way more fun here, a tranquil loving environment, and my new wife is an angel.

Free Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:58   #92
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Gulfstar 44cc
Re: Dealing with Non-Custodial Parents

The best way to sum it up for us is that "patience is a virtue".... The child involved is almost of the age that his wishes will be considered when/if it becomes necessary to get the courts involved.
The really interesting part of this is how all the actions of the other party just keep feeding into our plan. They are unknowingly actually doing all the things we need them to do to help prove just what a wonderful experience cruising will be.
I know that god works in mysterious ways. Watching how this whole situation is actually playing out has only served to increase my faith. To quote the Grateful Dead "What a long strange trip it's been"!
FWIW.... be patience and make sure you very consistantly make every effort to do the right thing every time. Setting that example for your kid/kids will do more to influcence their decision than anything else you could say or do....
NCountry is offline   Reply With Quote