Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2008, 14:51   #1

Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"
12 Volt vacuums for boats

Hi Everyone (not just the ladies this time...lol!!!),

Just wondering if anyone has one of those small hand held 12 volt vacuums on their boat?

I am looking at getting one and have been doing some research on the internet. There seems to be a few different models around and they have one on the Boaters World website and you can buy one here in Saint Martin from Budget Marine.

I ideally was hoping to find one that was either cordless but had a recharger with the cigarette lighter so that I could re-charge it on the boat or one that had a very long cord so that I could use it around the whole boat.

I want to be able to vacuum behind things, under things and in all the little corners and spots that collect dust/sand/fluff etc and also give the cabin cushions etc a really good clean with a vacuum regularly to keep them clean and free from dust etc.

It would be great to hear from anyone who has one and how they have found using it (i.e is it good value for money, do you use it reguarly, does it make cleaning a bit easier etc) and where the best place might be to get one etc.

Thanks so much for all of your help!

Have a wonderful day & happy/safe cruising.

I am off to have a lovely sunset drink on deck!

Smiles

Nicolle
Our Life At Sea