Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-09-2019, 13:58   #16

Boat: Columbia 9.6
Re: Passing solo locks of lake Champlain

Thank you all . Today passed the final lock . with the demasting happening much later then anticipated i passed the locks with my wife . The first lock at whitehall was the hardest and the first lock for me, but all other locks except troy where easy . In most of them fenders didnt touch the wall so we didnt use fender board but if i was alone i would . Troy lock was relativly good with slight control loss , i wasnt using my midship cleat at the begining but after the first 5 min i started using it and it made huge difference in controling the boat (put one end on the cleat then pass around the pipe and the other end in the hand ).
Pavel24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules