Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-04-2017, 09:21   #1

Docking ideas for twin rudder single prop...

38-footer I'm getting used to, beamy stern, twin rudders, single right-hand prop, with very little prop-walk effect.

Berth is port-side to, on a regular dock face, largish powerboat moored astern, smaller sailboat forward, not a lot of extra room to maneuver in.

Without much prop walk, and with no sideways "kick" from rudders since they aren't near the prop, I've been setting the port shoulder in then a quick forward breast line to hold that, then toss or lassoo stern line to a cleat (and just pull the stern in. Which works, but needs several people (one to make fast forward, one to snare a long stern line, which seems clunky).

Any better ideas? I don't have much fore-and-aft room to use a spring line as a pivot point.

If I were a ship, I'd just use a tug on stbd quarter. But I'm not.
nolatom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dock, Docking, rudder, single