Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-01-2022, 10:25   #1

Boat: Tanzer 22 to learn to sail on .
Reaching out .

My wife and I are on a smaller budget , but not poor ! We are researching sailboats for a purchase down the road , several years in all likelihood! At this point in our research, time and again the Pearson 323/ 365/367 keeping giving us good reason to think seriously about them .

As newbies, with almost zero experience, although we have purchased a Tanzer 22 to learn on this summer . We started looking for full keel , heavy , save our souls boat in the beginning, lol. We however find this less the case , as we become more knowledgeable.

So one thing I wonder and would love to hear back on , form those who have real life experience. The 323/365/367 . What are theirs abilities to heave to ? When the sea gets the better of you , and you have chosen this tactic , how did the boat fair , given that it is a fin keel , with skeg , rather than a full keel tank like the Westsail32 ,

Realize that you are real fans of these boats , but would love some real life experiences regardless, thank you very much for those that take the time and effort to reply.
Lady Captin is offline   Reply With Quote