Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-08-2020, 23:40   #1

Oze fridge

Hi, I have been a looker for years so about time to join in. For decades now I have been professionally involved in DC power-streams, storage and generation, and followed many interesting threads at the forum regards power use. A few years ago I followed a forum thread discussing the difference of fridge power consumption. In 2018 I visited the company down in Victoria who did the original test article and was very impressed with how accurate the findings were. I ordered a system for my boat from them and replaced my old battery killer unit. Since then I have also purchased one of their 80 litre eutectic front opening fridge freezers and it is also impressive. Their man Louie tells me they are not able to post at the forum nowadays which is unfortunate. Ian
WHEELEYBIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2020, 23:57   #2

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'
Re: Oze fridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHEELEYBIN View Post
Hi, I have been a looker for years so about time to join in. For decades now I have been professionally involved in DC power-streams, storage and generation, and followed many interesting threads at the forum regards power use. A few years ago I followed a forum thread discussing the difference of fridge power consumption. In 2018 I visited the company down in Victoria who did the original test article and was very impressed with how accurate the findings were. I ordered a system for my boat from them and replaced my old battery killer unit. Since then I have also purchased one of their 80 litre eutectic front opening fridge freezers and it is also impressive. Their man Louie tells me they are not able to post at the forum nowadays which is unfortunate. Ian
Hi, Louie's old man , Peter got into a stoush with the one and only Richard Coleman, CF's resident refrigeration guru and was I believe duly banned , Peter has assisted me and many others to overcome refrigeration problems , from the perspective of a long time manufacturer that develops and routinely expands the boundaries of the available refrigeration technology, I would definitely recommend them in any capacity.
FWIW i have not purchased any product from them, however I have seen several of their offerings fitted to boats and so I would not hesitate to purchase from them should the need arise. Having spoken to Pete on several occasions my observation is that he is a gentleman, a rare commodity in this day and agee.

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2020, 00:19   #3

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHEELEYBIN View Post
I meant to ask, how has the front opening unit performed, I really liked the concept and wished I could incorporate it in my situation however space constraints meant it was not to be.

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2020, 19:41   #4

regards the front open fridge freeze. I saw the beginnings of the Oze80 a few years ago when I visited the Ozefridge works to check out their 12 volt eutectic system power saving claims. I ended up purchasing their number three pack then and it was brilliant. I must admit I was hesitant but installing and using that system soon verified the makers claim.
Health issues have me grounded these days so the boat had to go and we needed a good fridge for our use. So far it has been every bit as impressive as the marine system and needing just one run each day we don’t need any extra battery power.
To prove this I set up a 100AH Lithium charged it at 14.6V and it ran the fridge for 6 days then to prove both the fridge and the Lithium I recharged the battery to 14V and still got 6 days out of the fridge so the run took 2.5Hours at 6 amp so I am greatly impressed.
They have a good write up about the portable and other stuff at their web site www.ozefridge.com Ian.
Old 26-08-2020, 02:17   #5

Boat: Catalina 470

I never knew Pete was banned from the forum, great guy, great product and goes out of his way to help......cruisers forums loss.
daletournier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2024, 22:56   #6

Update

On the trip home from Melbourne and called to visit Pete and the ozefridge guys first visit in 5 years and good to see everyone again busier than ever except Pete cos he’s ill on a treatments trial for MM cancer. When asked about his treatment he says it’s nothing, having them youngsters now running Ozefridge and doing a better job than me, that’s painful. Louie and the boys say he is past his use by date but he still mentors them and spends his time writing fridge service stuff, testing ideas and yarning. Enjoying catching up with Pete as we have a lot in common apart from old age. So what was to be a quick visit is now hours so far as we reminisce and swap ideas. Leaving now Pete asked me to give a shout out to the many cruiser friends he has never met. Ian
Old 30-05-2024, 01:36   #7

Boat: Island Packet 40

Ozepete, Louie and Richard were all passionate about their work in refrigeration and their assertions and opinions of great value to participants in the forum to the extent that any minor transgressions of the rules should be overlooked.
Old 15-06-2024, 10:08   #8

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España
Boat: Cal 20

Welcome to CruisersForum!

I would suggest updating your profile with your general location and your boat make & model or “Looking” in the "Boat" category. This info shows up under your UserName in every post in the web view. Many questions are boat and/or location dependent and having these tidbits under your UserName saves answering those questions repeatedly. If you need help setting up your profile then click on this link: https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...ml#post3308797

I would happily help more if the link above is not enough.
Adelie is offline   Reply With Quote