Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-12-2011, 15:46   #16
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64
I see Hanse's passing Panama in significant numbers, so they cope well with the not-so-easy conditions here.

cheers,
Nick.

s/v Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:47   #17

James, my suggestion re your purchase of your Hanse is as follows:-
1) take heed of the comments from Swagman
2) Remember that Hanse is no worse than many other brands. - also remember that a lot of the parts are Branded, I. E. so yes warranty periods for these may be different so act accordingly
4) visit and join the myHanse.com forum for up to the minute info. It is indipendent of the manufacturer.
5) enjoy your purchase.
Dave
Holby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 17:03   #18

Boat: Hanse 445 - 2012
Send a message via Skype™ to James Baines
Re: Hanse 445, Pre-Delivery advice please

An Update on my Hanse 445:

Hi John, Thanks for all your input, it was very much appreciated and rest assured that I will take your advice and have a complete survey done before the end of the warranty period. I'm confident that Inspiration Marine will deal with any issues.
We have had the Hanse 445 for a few weeks now and so far, it has met all our expectations. Yes, we have had a couple of issues, the Intelligent Mooring System quit for some reason but Inspiration Marine sent their engineer Andy up to Lowestoft to fix it for us. And, a water hose let go and drained the water tank but I got a local guy to fix that and Peter Thomas followed up with the local guy to make sure they don't have that problem again.
I'm not happy with the "Black Tank" layout and I'm going to bypass both tanks until I can figure out a more practical layout and, I need to get something done about squeaky cabin floors but these are minor nits.
The overall build quality is superb and whilst I will not be critical of other large scale producers, I will say, having done rather a lot of research, that boats like the Hanse (and the Elan) are closer to the "Oyster" level of quality than their competitors.
In terms of sailing her, (She is after all a sailboat), she really is a beauty, very easy to handle and trim, much better downwind than anticipated, very stiff, very responsive, and the self tacking Jib makes her an easy "Point and Shoot" boat which is perfect for a single handed sailor like me.
We have had lot's of visitors, some just ashore, and some coming out to sea with us and all, without exception, have been "Wowed" by the boat and her ease of sailing.
I'm sure that I will find some faults as I progress further but this is a complex machine and I'm sure that Inspiration Marine will sort out whatever problems I find.
I'm equally sure that I will find things I want to change, simplify, improve, but we all do that with whatever boat we buy.
The bottom line is that I'm happy with the decision I made, this really is the boat for me and I'm happy to recommend Hanse and Inspiration Marine to anyone.
And to anyone thinking of buying a Hanse 445, I will be happy to let you look at my boat, sail my boat, and inspect her with a fine toothed comb as long as you are prepared to come to Lowestoft....

Dr. T