Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-12-2020, 06:57   #1

Earning my sealegs

Let me introduce myself. My name is Danny Halverson (Norwegian), but I like to go by the nickname "TicoDan." My mom loved that Irish song "Oh Danny Boy" and my father was a descendant of the Welch family that came from England to Boston in 1635 aboard the ship James, However, had it been my choice, I would prefer to be a descendant of the Vikings that landed in America during the 11th century. Long story short, I have the love of the sea in my genes. Challenge is I spent my school and work years getting a PhD, working as a rocket scientist, software engineer, and real estate investor; only to sail intermittently as time permitted.

I have sailed from Long Beach California to Catalina Island, and back, several times on a Classical Wooden Schooner, the Islands of Bocas del Toro, Panama on a Beneteau Oceanis 473, and I was fortunate to sail on an International America's Cup Class sailboat for a full day. This all sounds great but I didn't pilot these ships. Someone else did. Regardless, I loved these experiences.

Now retired and living in beautiful Costa Rica, I am watching the construction of a World-Class Marina in Playa Flamingo take place ... and wondering what to do with the rest of my life. My resolution for 2021 is to get my sea legs, full time.

If you ever need an entry-level deckhand who is hungry to learn, attentive to details, and willing to pay his way in exchange for gaining the wisdom of the sea ... I stand ready to join you on your next crossing or bluewater adventure.

Sincerely,
TicoDan
ticodan@fastmail.com
TicoDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2020, 04:11   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Earning my sealegs

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Danny.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote