Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-08-2009, 18:12   #1

Boat: Irwin 41 CC Ketch
Your Better Half . . . In or Out ?

I did this a year or two ago on another fourm and it was a big success.

The jest of it is.. rather your "Better Half" regardless if thats girl friend, boyfriend, Husband or wife...is "In or Out" with the idea or desire to make crusing a major part of their life. Pictures are not mandatory... but became over there a very cool addition and attraction to the thread as it puts faces to names and is a great reference later on to come back to when trying to remember who is who around here. So Please dont be bashful..post your story and pictures it really does become a lot of fun.

I will Start.

My wife is claustrophobic..not REALLY badly but enough where she gets "That Feeling" ....what ever the heck that is.

She was born and raised in Alaska..they had planes not boats... so it has taken me quite a few years of power boating, gradually getting her acclimated to being out on the water of any distance from shore.

She would rather be on deck then below as well for obvious reasons with her condition.

Soooo..finding the right Blow Boat that wasent caveish or repressive in her opinion took us a while...One day we were invited aboard a fellow marina tenants Irwin 53 we just happend to run into on the dock and were invited below...well that did it for her...She said "Ya..I could do this".. She did not have to say that twice..

Well we could not afford that particular model but found a 41 that was bright ,Arie and open enough where "that feeling" did not surface all that much..The rest is history and she has enjoyed what little sailing we have been able to get on the boat so far....The second sail was a little dicey due to the extreme weather but she is more then willing to keep at it.
She will also be the first to tell you Boating in general has become one of her favorite things to do or look forward to each year.

She is my sweetie and my love for life... and I am a lucky man to have her..

She may never want to or come to grips with crossing an ocean with me but is eager to fly and meet me and the boat anywhere in the world she says....Ill take that as being IN!..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0030.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	370.5 KB
ID:	9367  

Relationships are everything to me...everything else in life is just a tool to enhance them.
Stillraining is offline   Reply With Quote