Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2013, 10:04   #1

Why you should never give up on dreams.

Hi Everyone, I'm back.

You may remember me from a couple of years ago when I posted what some deemed a "crazy ad/story." It was about a dream of having a sailboat and spoke of finding someone who had a sailboat they no longer used or had the time to take care of. It was a story of a man (me) who dreamed of sailing but didn't have the money to buy a boat but had the dream in his heart and the belief his vision would be realized and the story of another man who understood that dream and had the boat that was no longer able to be loved as she should be, and was willing to give her to someone who would love her and take her back where she belonged, on the sea. Many of the members on here heckled, posted negative comments and cynical remarks, but I didn't care. I believed.

Just after I posted the ad, all of my family died one after the other in a period of less than 18 months. When that all started, I had other things to consider and did not check here for any updates as other more important things were going on in my life. After everyone passed away, I myself gave up on life. I was ready to die, had no hope for any future, had lost all hopes of any dreams I had, and lost everything. And then, when I was at the bottom of the sea, in the darkest place one can ever go, I found the answer. It has nothing to do with religion, self help seminars, whacky schemes, or other common ideas. It has to do with knowing what the truth is.

Today, when I logged onto my account, I found that post is long gone, but in my PM message box was a message from someone who wanted to give me a beautiful, sturdy, ready to sail boat. He wrote...

"I may have just what you need. 19-- ???????? 34'. She is a beauty. Strong and reliable. Your story is so close to our reality, that I thought...... "???????" would be happy with someone like you."

Reading the message brought tears to my eyes, not because I missed an opportunity, but because my vision had been answered, and my dream realized, just as I knew they would be when I posted the ad. Had things not happened the way they did, I would be on that boat right now. However, I would not have learned the lessons I learned and would not have understood the true meaning of life, nor would I be here right now to write this post.

If you have a vision or a dream, never stop believing in it, never let anyone stand in the way between you and your dream. There is a power that exists, and once you access it, all is yours. This I know.

I am going to write the same ad again (or as close to it as I can remember) and this time, I will be here when the answer comes.

NearLifeXpert is offline   Reply With Quote