Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-02-2013, 03:34   #16

Re: Why you should never give up on dreams.

I think Max Powers took a creative writing class.
scoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 03:39   #17

Hi rivonia,

Why is that people always want to gravitate towards the negative? Do you not understand that there are good, honest, decent people in the world? How could you read what I wrote, and then associate that with WARNING WARNING SCAM in capital letters? What would make you even think such a thing?

Here are the messages I received from Club Med and Fun Sports LTD. Feel free to contact either of them and try to work out a deal, or see if you can setup a yacht charter service, make your own offer. If you need my help, I know Abdul and I can help facilitate the process for you. Duey is my nickname.

Dear Duey,

I think the best solution moving forwards will be:

a) give us a proposal. Either you work with a local partner or setting up a company in Maldives to manage this...I leave this to you - it will be your commercial decision.

b) I think it will be interesting to have a cruise - atoll cruise in day, private cruise for honeymooners, or private charters. But we would like to look at the package to determine if we can do it.

c) We don't usually participate in the ownership of the yacht. Hence, you would need to have all the necessary license / permits / insurance to operate & run the tour.

d) regarding place to stay - this depends on the number of people - only for yourself? Or you need accommodation for your crew too? There is limited rooms on Kani - we have live-in suppliers & we also need to balance the needs for our paying guests. Do consider accommodation in neighboring islands because there might not be rooms.

Hope you can consider all the above & give us a proposal. Do include in the proposal, the estimated time you need to prepare everything - I believe you need to bring your boat to Maldives and get the necessary papers.

Include in the proposal details such as: if food is provided, experienced crew, etc.

Kindest regards,
David Fong

Return-path:
Envelope-to: Delivery-date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 06:52:19 -0600

HI Duey,

i if you know how to drive its good that you stay incharge as captain. we can find captains locally. but to keep the service and to maintain the quality i will suggest you stay as captain. i have contacts in local authorities and once you are here we can apply liscense for you in maldives.

when we start we can try to bring you for some other job. and you can still be incharge of the boat as captain unofficially.

by the way when are you planing to start the acitivity. it takes time to get the visa ,if you are coming need to apply for visa in advance.Is clubmed ok to start this acitivty.

regards
abdul
NearLifeXpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 03:42   #18

Thanks scoundrel! Nice thing to say.
Old 13-02-2013, 04:14   #19

The mods removed the phone numbers and email addresses in the previous email messages, but if anyone wants to PM me I will give you the contact info for both and you can try and work out a deal on your own, or I will help you with the process if you want, I'd be more than happy to do so. That goes for anyone else who would like to try and get their yacht into the Maldives.
Old 13-02-2013, 04:17   #20

I'm sorry if I offended you, but it seems to me that you are indeed a dreamer, but you don't dream of sailing, you dream of someone giving you a free boat. and a nice big 1 at that. it seems to me, that if you dreamt of sailing, you would already be. ever heard of trading up?

btw, I'm sorry for the loss of your loved ones. my father died when I was 8. life sucks... if you let it.
scoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 04:29   #21

No offense taken. I sail on my friend's Swan 59 every chance I get, but it isn't mine, it's his. No worries scoundrel, I know like all people you have a heart that holds, joy, love, compassion, and goodwill. You don't fool me a bit.

I loved your boat names by the way...
shameless
handout
knotmine
welfairwinds

I have some of my own...
MarBarBry (my Mother, Sister, Brother)
Near Life Experience
Spirit of Dreams
Imagine That!
Received

Old 14-02-2013, 01:51   #22
Armchair Bucketeer

No idea if OP is simply deluded (no offence dude - it's the internet, it happens ), but a couple of years can be a longgggg time. Long enough for at least parts of life to turn to sh#t , but also long enough for opportunities to arise . and sometimes those things happen at the same time .

Whether OP indeed is sitting on an opportunity (for someone) is perhaps best answered by someone for whom setting up a charter operation in the Maldives would be of interest, mostly by getting in contact and sussing things out for themselves. IME rarely are opportunities parcelled up neatly, let alone ready to go - indeed those are often the ones most likely to require a note of caution! Half a sniff is sometimes the best way and doing the legwork for self.

I don't actually recall OP's orginal thread - and a quick search did not reveal any previous posts for him . Even if the thread is locked would be of interest to read as a memory jogger...........maybe one for a Mod to fish from Davy Jones' Locker?
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 02:29   #23

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post
...maybe one for a Mod to fish from Davy Jones' Locker?
Good thought DOJ, but nothing I can find. I even looked in the naughty corner.
noelex 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 02:35   #24
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post
I don't actually recall OP's orginal thread - and a quick search did not reveal any previous posts for him . Even if the thread is locked would be of interest to read as a memory jogger...........maybe one for a Mod to fish from Davy Jones' Locker?
Could try http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...t-97513-4.html
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 02:51   #25
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelex 77 View Post
Good thought DOJ, but nothing I can find. I even looked in the naughty corner.
Oh well, just a thought .

I did a quick look for all OP's previous posts - his profile says 11 - but only 8 show up (and those the recent ones).

Having said that, I can pretty much guess what was in the thread - Given OP's comments, Wotnames link to the recent example probably pretty much a repeat.......
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 03:11   #26

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Endeavour 35, 1984,
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoundrel View Post
I think Max Powers took a creative writing class.
Good!!!!!
Old 14-02-2013, 03:15   #27

Thanks David,

Nope, no delusions, just a very clear understanding of the way the world is constructed and the powers that be. Just because others think the world has limitations on it, doesn't mean I have to. I just simply know better from my own experience.

Here is an example. My GF is from Bali (where I live 6 months of the year). No college education, no managerial skills, no former experience, no connections, no money. In 2009 she got an entry level job at a 5 Star Spa in Bali making $150.00 a month. I began to teach her that she could have anything she wanted, and taught her how to do it. I said pick a place you want to go. She chose Club Med, Maldives. All others laughed and said "impossible" and I told her just do what I taught you and see what happens. 3 months later Asst. Manager, 6 months later, she was sent to Club Med Bali as an Asst Manager, and I told her see? They are putting you there because they want you to go to the Maldives, it's a test. She believed me, and started jumping up and down (you know how they do) and I got her to really believe it herself, and sink in it was all coming together. I said, when you get there, I'll come over and we'll take pictures and then you'll understand anything you can imagine or dream can be yours...

Two months later... Boss...

She starts making more money then she ever imagined in her life, I'm ripping up the best waves in the world and staying at one of the world's best hotels for $72.00 a day while everyone else pays $500.00. This month she bought her own home, no mortgage, cash. 28 years old. All done by intention and with purpose, and knowledge of how the world is designed.

I will try to recall from memory my original post and put it in this thread, I think it will help others understand the context of this thread better. Maybe all I really want to do is help people, give back. We'll just have to see how this all plays out, as life is a continuous motion of change. And yes of course, I want get my own yacht, but in my way. What most would deem impossible.

I guess most people believe that the only thing of value is pieces of paper with $ on them. I find true value in love, joy, compassion, helping people, serving others, inner peace, and serenity. But there is nothing more satisfying than the look on someone's face when you help them realize a dream. You can't ever put a price on that.

The Maldives opportunity is for real. If I had a yacht, believe me I'd be there. That's how it all came about, initially I had a friend who said he wanted to do it, and now when it's here, no follow through. Here the opportunity is and I have no yacht in which to take advantage of it. Who wants it? I'll help ya!.
Old 14-02-2013, 03:20   #28

I will recall the original post from memory and post it here.
Old 14-02-2013, 03:50   #29

This isn't exact, but it went something like this...

.................................................. .................................................. ...

Wanted - Free sailboat.

Me: I have always wanted to sail around the world, but don't have the money to buy the kind of boat I need. I have surfed all my life and always lived next to the sea and it is my dream to sail around the world, to discover the unknown beauty of the world, but I simply don't have enough money to buy the boat I need.

You: You are a person who has a boat that is beautiful in her character and seaworthiness, she maybe a bit older in her years, but young in spirit, and yearning to get back to where she belongs, on the open seas. Maybe you don't have time for her anymore, have moved onto other interests, bought another bigger and better yacht, or simply no longer have the desire to keep her anymore for some other reason. You can sell her, sure. But you also have the power and heart to give her away if you thought you could find the person you believed would treat her with as much love and care as you have. You would rather do that, than watch her waste away tied up on the dock, no love, no life, nowhere to go.

Yes, I know it sounds like a dream, but that's all life really is.
.................................................. .................................................. ...

Yes, I was torn to pieces over this on CF, yet a few weeks after I posted it someone PM'd me and offered me a yacht. But then all those other things happened and I never got the email notification, or it went into junk email... who knows? The point is, the dream was realized. The love and spirit of the intention was received. Who knows what would have happened if I had received the PM? But I know I didn't receive it at that time because the time wasn't right, simple as that.

Anyway, I see nice yachts everywhere I go just rotting away, dying a slow death. Any of them could be given away to someone who could live a dream on one, it only takes love to do it.
Old 14-02-2013, 04:08   #30

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Endeavour 35, 1984,
Is this an epidemic?

A week ago there was Max Powers with same kind of "demand"...
And now again, an other one

My wife and work all our life to be able to save enough to buy us a sailboat , a used one from 1984, and maintain it.
We have dream of it for year
We had also our share of painful moment as everybody else
But it never occurred to us that by using some new age, zen, bs, lingo blah blah, we would be entitled to a free ride

I really feel offended by this crap

And don't get back to me with your smile an all that I love you brother bs. I'm too old for that and I've seen the movie several times.

I'm on this forum to share with fellow sailor and get info and advice.
Not to hear that kind of stupidity.

Give us a break and let us enjoy our well deserved retirement.
Get a job!