Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-06-2010, 10:00   #16

Boat: It’s in French Polynesia now
FYI

I'm selling one of my extra dinghy's and here is an example of one of these scammers.

Quote:
On Jun 14, 2010, at 10:43 PM, Ade 'Cazie' Lawrence wrote:

Hi,
Thanks for the response and how is your day going?, Am really intrested in this boat.And i will be issue the payment to you by {Cashier's Checks} as its the only way i can pay you at the moment, Because am presently out of states for business. .
Meanwhile i would really appreciate if you can attach some pics of it for me to see, And as per the shipping I will make arrangement for the pick-up with my mover's after payment have been received and processed by you. I have a reliable mover's who will come over for the pickup after payment as been receive by you .. Kindly reply back with your,

Full Name,
Home OR OFFICE Address,
City,
State,
Zip Code

where you want me to mail the payment including your cell phone # where i can reach you at so i can call you via my V-Card immediately the payment is sent so you . Please take the posting off craigslist today and consider it sold to me..

I'll be waiting for your swift response with the information for payment procedure today..
Regards
Ade C Lawrence
Check out the English.
Old 15-06-2010, 10:24   #17

I read about some folks who try to have a bit of fun with the spammers. They would send a reply something like this.

Hi Ade,

Thanks for being interested. It really is a great dinghy and I want it to go to a good home. Where will you be keeping it? I want it to be in a place with good clean water. Could you send me a picture of the harbor?

Also, I'm sure you understand that I'm a bit nervous that I do not know anything about you. Could you send me a picture of yourself? I understand that you aren't in the states. What country are you in? What is your business? I might want you to do some other business with you. Would you be able to get a good price on a Garmin chartplotter wherever you are?

Thanks for your interest. I really think you'll love the dinghy.

Then - if he replies - ask him to send a picture of himself standing in front of a landmark where-ever he says he is. The fellow in the article actually got a spammer to go to a certain square at a certain time in Nigeria and wave at a certain netcam.

Obviously, you want to use a disposable email address for this. And if you have enough time to do it, you aren't sailing enough

Carl
CarlF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anchor