Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 22-07-2010, 19:18   #481

Boat: Tartan 34C
Questions answered, riddles solved

OG --

I think we all have a mental picture of who we think we'd like to be with forever, and an emotional sense of what feels true and familiar. Still, there are many people - dare I say it? - men in particular, who are not possessed of the required emotional honesty and curiosity to make themselves vulnerable enough to love and be loved deeply and completely.

That said, I find that the tide and tables are turning - many women in their middle years will not take the emotional risk that is necessary to have the intimacy they expect. They expect to invest less yet get more than they did when they were younger. How's that workin' for ya?

I find that my best relationships happen when the lines between the physical, the emotional, the spiritual, the practical, the financial, the parental, etc., are blurred to the extent of non-existence, or at least, unimportance.

Maybe your dream is out there at the Great Barrier Reef, but it could be that your soulmate is just two docks over trying to figure out how to rebuild his winches.

This much I know: nothing happens without desire. Not love, not work, not play, not happiness. Ya gotta want it.

Bon chance!

John
Old 22-07-2010, 19:23   #482

Addendumb!

I like petite, fit women who look and act younger than I am, cause I look and act younger than I am. I seem to enjoy them more when they think I'm the only guy who believes in their beauty. Maybe that's because they enjoy ME more for the same reason!

Just sayin'......

John
Old 22-07-2010, 19:33   #483

Boat: 35 Young Sun - S/V GYPSY
Send a message via Skype™ to Lilrascals
This singles group is a great idea. Ten years ago, I met my mate through a nautical personals forum. I posted an ad because I was tired of wasting my time with non-sailors. And to those who may be discouraged by photos, my guy was the only one to respond with a letter and a photo of his boat. I took a chance and ended up with the most handsome one of all! May you all find your mates and enjoy many sunsets.
Old 22-07-2010, 20:00   #484

Send a message via AIM to iwsteel
realationSHIP

After what i thought was a Forever RelationSHIP a couple of times..... Only to be Scuttled by Mutanous Pardners. Maybe i'm just a shitty Capt/firstmate.

I have a notion to offer to build a Great RelationSHIP that sails not only the Sea Of Love but all the Oceans Of Emotions. Her Cloaking device can change her into a GhostShip that would send chills down the spine of every sailor on the Biggest Warship. Her Flag Would be a Recycled White Surrender flag with a Yellow Smileyface and the capshun "Go Ahead Punk Fake My Day".....Maybe name her "Lov3 Boat"..lol

Kinda crazy but the right forum.
And no you dont have to build that spacific boat...mirrorly an example...after all the Ship you Build will be your Relation Ship...Use your imagination.... don't be afraid to Dream. But Dont Forget to get up when the alarm goes off and check Course.
Old 22-07-2010, 20:11   #485

Confession

I used to rope goats when i was 14 and practicing for team-roping with my 20 year old Header.

And i think i was a sailor in a past life since i can so easily see how i got my eyepatch when we were pulling into port with my new hook hand i got after the line popped my hand off....And that dam bug flew into my Eye....ouch
Old 22-07-2010, 20:22   #486

By hook?

steel --

Be careful if you get an itch - ya could lose parts that don't grow back.

John
Old 22-07-2010, 20:29   #487

Nice Boat

Someone buy me this Boat...Please
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fashion TV ship.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	17919  
Old 23-07-2010, 08:46   #488

Boat: Beneteau 41S5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyMonkey View Post
Sad. Here i had joined the prestigious Single Sailors Seeking Soul Mate Group in hopes of being introduced into the company of like minded mature intellectual pirates each seeking their ultimate soul mayte, and alas I've found that it's now deteriorated into the juvenility of crude and smelly goat jokes.

Forever single...forever free I guess
I'm sensing that having a frivolous sense of humor doesn't occupy a stellar position on your list of desires in a mate? Or is that just me?
Old 23-07-2010, 10:12   #489

Boat: 50' steel canal and river cruiser
Hey guys, maybe this is one reason your single.

Scientists say more and more women are changing their sexuality in mid-life. Can it really be true? And what's the emotional cost? | Mail Online

....just a thought.....thats all.
Old 23-07-2010, 11:26   #490
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97fxdwg View Post
I'm sensing that having a frivolous sense of humor doesn't occupy a stellar position on your list of desires in a mate? Or is that just me?
ummm not really...unless it shows great intelligence, creativity, or a good pun
Old 23-07-2010, 11:29   #491
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjou View Post
You're quoting THE MAIL? GMAFB!

Anyway, this isn't a surprise. Sexuality is a complicated thing. Could this just be a latent desire? Hormones? Being bad and the need for excitement? Or just men these days are idiot utilities who make nothing but bad and smelly goat jokes instead of working on deep listening skills?
Old 23-07-2010, 11:45   #492

Boat: 50' steel canal and river cruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyMonkey View Post
You're quoting THE MAIL? GMAFB!

Anyway, this isn't a surprise. Sexuality is a complicated thing. Could this just be a latent desire? Hormones? Being bad and the need for excitement? Or just men these days are idiot utilities who make nothing but bad and smelly goat jokes instead of working on deep listening skills?

I think you might just have something there Salty.

By the way, this link was forwarded to me as I wouldnt be seen dead reading the Daily fail
Old 23-07-2010, 12:03   #493
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjou View Post
By the way, this link was forwarded to me as I wouldnt be seen dead reading the Daily fail
Well, I guess its better than THE SUN, although THE SUN would contain more gratuitous illustrations and pictures as examples - just to spin up the blood in us goat-boys.
Old 26-07-2010, 10:39   #494
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
received a pm stating the action on this dating site is slow--lol----i laffed and sent it back lol-ing..is entertaining and did someone wanna find a soulmate in 10 mins?? lol go to pof..LOL....lotsa instant solemaits there..LOL.....yipes.....
Old 26-07-2010, 10:52   #495
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
received a pm stating the action on this dating site is slow--lol--
Still waters run deep........

Me & SaltyMonkey look like we are getting married (don't tell him - it will ruin the surprise )...........you gotta be quick to nab the good ones
Closed Thread

Tags
cruising companion, love, single, soul mate