Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-10-2021, 13:58   #3106
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1968 Islander bahama 24 hull 182, 1963 columbia 29 defender. hull # 60
Re: Science & Technology News

Now a question if you are vaccinated why do you need to know whether I am or not it will protect you . Unless that is you (and the people in charge ) don't trust the vaccine.
Old 13-10-2021, 14:03   #3107
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'

WASHINGTON — Seventy-two senators and 302 members of the House of Representatives cashed a check from the pharmaceutical industry ahead of the 2020 election
Quote:
—The breadth of the spending highlights the drug industry’s continued clout in Washington. Even after years of criticism from Congress and the White House over high prices, it remains routine for the elected officials who regulate the health care industry to accept six-figure sums.
https://www.statnews.com/feature/pre...full-data-set/
$913,186
Total contributions from Pfizer Inc PAC to federal candidates, 2019-2020
https://www.opensecrets.org/politica...ecipients/2020
Old 13-10-2021, 14:06   #3108
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbs Up View Post
WASHINGTON — Seventy-two senators and 302 members of the House of Representatives cashed a check from the pharmaceutical industry ahead of the 2020 election

$913,186
Total contributions from Pfizer Inc PAC to federal candidates, 2019-2020
https://www.opensecrets.org/politica...ecipients/2020
That's about the maximum each could receive from a single contribution.
Go figure
Old 13-10-2021, 14:53   #3109
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Thumbs Up [https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...ml#post3501422 & etc]

You seem to want to ignore some important limitations, regarding VAERS, to whit: Gord, you have ignored or left out important statements about the strengths and purpose of VAERS which I am amending in red:
VAERS accepts reports of adverse events and reactions that occur following vaccination. Healthcare providers, vaccine manufacturers, and the public can submit reports to the system.
While very important in monitoring vaccine safety, VAERS reports alone cannot be used to determine if a vaccine caused or contributed to an adverse event or illness. The reports may contain information that is incomplete, inaccurate, coincidental, or unverifiable. In large part, reports to VAERS are voluntary, which means they are subject to biases. This creates specific limitations on how the data can be used scientifically. Data from VAERS reports should always be interpreted with these limitations in mind.The strengths of VAERS are that it is national in scope and can quickly provide an early warning of a safety problem with a vaccine. As part of CDC and FDA’s multi-system approach to post-licensure vaccine safety monitoring, VAERS is designed to rapidly detect unusual or unexpected patterns of adverse events, also known as “safety signals.” If a safety signal is found in VAERS, further studies can be done in safety systems such as the CDC’s Vaccine Safety Datalink (VSD) or the Clinical Immunization Safety Assessment (CISA) project. These systems do not have the same scientific limitations as VAERS, and can better assess health risks and possible connections between adverse events and a vaccine.

Key considerations and limitations of VAERS data:

Vaccine providers are encouraged to report any clinically significant health problem following vaccination to VAERS, whether or not they believe the vaccine was the cause.
Reports may include incomplete, inaccurate, coincidental and unverified information.
The number of reports alone cannot be interpreted or used to reach conclusions about the existence, severity, frequency, or rates of problems associated with vaccines.
VAERS data is limited to vaccine adverse event reports received between 1990 and the most recent date for which data are available.
VAERS data do not represent all known safety information for a vaccine and should be interpreted in the context of other scientific information.

VAERS data available to the public include only the initial report data to VAERS. Updated data which contains data from medical records and corrections reported during follow up are used by the government for analysis. However, for numerous reasons including data consistency, these amended data are not available to the public.

More ➥ https://vaers.hhs.gov/data.html

Guide to Interpreting VAERS Data
When evaluating data from VAERS, it is important to note that for any reported event, no cause-and-effect relationship has been established. Reports of all possible associations between vaccines and adverse events (possible side effects) are filed in VAERS. Therefore, VAERS collects data on any adverse event following vaccination, be it coincidental or truly caused by a vaccine. The report of an adverse event to VAERS is not documentation that a vaccine caused the event.
"Underreporting" is one of the main limitations of passive surveillance systems, including VAERS. The term, underreporting refers to the fact that VAERS receives reports for only a small fraction of actual adverse events.
More ➥ https://vaers.hhs.gov/data/dataguide.html

Don’t Fall for the ‘VAERS Scare’ Tactic
The Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System [VAERS] is being misused, by anti-vaxxers & others, to mislead, and terrify [would that make them ‘terrorists”?]You added this statement to imply that you think I am a terrorist? the public.
https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/co...s-scare-tactic
The condescending and immflamatory tone of this article qualifies it as propaganda

All of which, have been previously discussed, on the CF.
Quote:
The weaponization of VAERS
really?
Quote:
VAERS is designed to rapidly detect unusual or unexpected patterns of adverse events, also known as “safety signals.” If a safety signal is found in VAERS, further studies can be done in safety systems such as the CDC’s Vaccine Safety Datalink (VSD) or the Clinical Immunization Safety Assessment (CISA) project.
Many, many safety signals have been detected but CDC/FDA hasn't addressed the concern nor do we have access to VSD.
This proves malfeasance. These "public health agencies" are supposed to work for us, not kill us.
Old 13-10-2021, 14:54   #3110
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhaul View Post
Now a question if you are vaccinated why do you need to know whether I am or not it will protect you . Unless that is you (and the people in charge ) don't trust the vaccine.

I care because I don’t want more people to die.

And, I care because of the vicious fighting that is dividing us.

I also care because:

Vaxines work, but they're not perfect. Those who are fully vaccinated can still get the coronavirus, the chance is smaller, and their cases will be less severe [unless they are immunocompromised], but it still can happen.

But, once the transmission is transmitted to those who are fully vaccinated, these people will continue spread to the next individual [vaxed or not].

The greater number of unvaccinated people in the community, the more opportunity for the virus to spread.

Unvaccinated people are, unnecessarily, plugging up the hospitals. About 75% of our people going into the hospitals, are partially or unvaccinated.

Unvaccinated people are potential variant factories. The more unvaccinated people there are, the more opportunities for the virus to multiply, an when it does, it mutates, and it could throw off a variant mutation that is even more serious, down the road.

Anti-vaxers tend to exhibit other anti-social behaviours. For instance, a poll from Economist/YouGov, released on May 6/21, found that 63 percent of "vaccine-refusers believe it is safe for unvaccinated people to socialize indoors, with other unvaccinated people, without wearing a mask."
https://today.yougov.com/topics/poli...e-unvaccinated

But, you probably don't really care, if, or why, I care.

Old 13-10-2021, 15:34   #3111
cruiser

Quote:
So do I.
So do I
I also care because:

Vaxines work, but they're not perfect. This is a blanket statement about all vaccines. The current, still experimental mRNA therapeutics can not be considered vaccines, especially in light of what we know now against the current dominant covid variant.. They do not prevent infection, they do not reduce viral load, they do not prevent transmission Those who are fully vaccinated can still get the coronavirus, the chance is smaller, and their cases will be less severe [unless they are immunocompromised], but it still can happen.

But, once the transmission is transmitted to those who are fully vaccinated, these people will continue spread to the next individual [vaxed or not]. This is happening and was warned about, it has nothing to do with the unvaccinated

The greater number of unvaccinated people in the community, the more opportunity for the virus to spread. This may be true of some viruses and some vaccines but has not been proven true with covid

Unvaccinated people are, unnecessarily, plugging up the hospitals. About 75% of our people going into the hospitals, are partially or unvaccinated.
we want the data on the partially vaccinated, we want proof that these aren't vaccine problems causing this
Unvaccinated people are potential variant factories. The more unvaccinated people there are, the more opportunities for the virus to multiply, an when it does, it mutates, and it could throw off a variant mutation that is even more serious, down the road. Not according to theories and warnings about antibody dependent enhancement. It could be the opposite. The vaccinated are driving the mutations according to the theory. There is no scientific consensus on this

Anti-vaxers tend to exhibit other anti-social behaviours. For instance, a poll from Economist/YouGov, released on May 6/21, found that 63 percent of "vaccine-refusers believe it is safe for unvaccinated people to socialize indoors, with other unvaccinated people, without wearing a mask."These polls are designed to demonize people and further drive the wedge that is dividing us. Blame game, guilt trip, gas lighting however you call it. It is done intentionally and for what I think are nefarious purposes
It does not appear safe right now for anyone if there is covid in the vaxxed and unvaxxed alike but the vaxxed were told that they have less restrictions.

Not going to answer that question for Newhaul but I will say that both sides of this truly believe that they are correct. If you truly think that we are terrorists or evil people then you yourself are guilty of conspiratorial type thinking.
Old 13-10-2021, 16:01   #3112
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:

I also care because:

Vaxines work, but they're not perfect. Those who are fully vaccinated can still get the coronavirus, the chance is smaller, and their cases will be less severe [unless they are immunocompromised], but it still can happen.

But, once the transmission is transmitted to those who are fully vaccinated, these people will continue spread to the next individual [vaxed or not].

The greater number of unvaccinated people in the community, the more opportunity for the virus to spread.

Unvaccinated people are potential variant factories. The more unvaccinated people there are, the more opportunities for the virus to multiply, an when it does, it mutates, and it could throw off a variant mutation that is even more serious, down the road.

Anti-vaxers tend to exhibit other anti-social behaviours. For instance, a poll from Economist/YouGov, released on May 6/21, found that 63 percent of "vaccine-refusers believe it is safe for unvaccinated people to socialize indoors, with other unvaccinated people, without wearing a mask."

All of that means to me you don't have any faith in the vaccines.
I didn't ask if you cared about anything .
I asked why you need to know my status.
Old 13-10-2021, 16:04   #3113
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Not going to answer that question for Newhaul but I will say that both sides of this truly believe that they are correct. If you truly think that we are terrorists or evil people then you yourself are guilty of conspiratorial type thinking.
Actually I am only speaking for me and I have less than a .02% chance of even contracting the virus.

I have a better chance of being struck by lightning . But I don't carry around a lightening rod to protect me from that either
Old 13-10-2021, 16:19   #3114

Quote:
In every single country, the rise of deaths has directly followed their vaccination drive.

You will say that it is preposterous to suppose a causal link
Damn straight I will. First, I think that your assertion is not true. But if you persist with it, then you need to prove that this was from the vaccine, not some timing coincidence, like being in a wave as mass vaccination started.
Quote:
VAERS reports are in fact, not only compulsory but are the official monitoring system for these adverse reactions. Any deficiency in the VAERS system is, in fact more evidence of malfeasance by the FDA/CDC.
[correction]It seems that any schmoo can enter reports into it. Not the hallmarks of a compulsory system. The malfeasance bullsh1t is of course beneath commenting on.
Quote:
Highly unlikely that it would happen within an hour or two of the shot. Read the diagnostic criteria: 4 to 42 days after injection. Also, TTS appears far more likely followingy AstraZeneca/Johnson and Johnson adenoviral vaccines than Moderna/Pfizer mRNA vaccines. (your case had an mRNA vaccine)While entitled to your opinion on the matter, it is just an opinion by an unqualified person so has no bearing on the probable truth.

That's called deflection and willful ignorance. Facts are facts. That death is very likely NOT mRNA-vaccine-related, but it didn't stop you from citing it.

Quote:
Indeed. Which makes VAERS reports inconclusive til said pathologists review them.If the CDC/FDA are not doing their due diligence (which they are not) it is, once again malfeasance

Sorry, today only, we're doing evidence-based science. Conspiracies later in the week if you insist. Trying to keep it real here, I haven't floated a conspiracy, only leveled accusations (with evidence)
You just can't keep your conspiracy fantasy BS out of any discussion, can you?

Quote:
Well, I doubt that's the case with COVID, but hey, ignore those and look at the Ontario numbers I gave you, where reporting isn't some voluntary inbox, but baked into the publicly funded medical system. Or look at other countries. VAERS seems pretty flaky for a modern country. You don't have a problem quoting our FDA/CDC when it suits you and we already agree that the US healthcare system is corrupt right?

Weak, weak deflection. The COVID/antivax nonsense on CF is US-centric; why wouldn't I make reference to US institutions? No, I don't think the US health system is corrupt; I think it is profit-driven and not universal, which are both negatives in my opinion.

And those BS responses to Gord, too... You're not doing science.

Either PROVE here that vaccines are causing all the problems you allege, or maybe take up a different hobby. Might I suggest boating.
Old 13-10-2021, 16:24   #3115
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post

Either PROVE here that vaccines are causing all the problems you allege, or maybe take up a different hobby. Might I suggest boating.
Perhaps everyone here should go sailing for a few days . Except myself I have surgery on my hand Friday so I'm going next week.
Old 13-10-2021, 16:57   #3116

How my ivermectin research led to Twitter death threats

Dr Andrew Hill PhD is a senior visiting research fellow in the Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics at the University of Liverpool
...we then found several examples of medical fraud in the clinical trials of ivermectin: some of the databases had been simply made up by unscrupulous doctors. When we filtered out all the poor-quality clinical trials, there was no longer any clinical benefit for ivermectin.

After we reported on the medical fraud in July 2021, the abuse became much worse. I was sent images of Nazi war criminals hanging from lamp-posts, Voodoo images of swinging coffins, vivid threats that my family were not safe, that we would all burn in hell. This was happening most days – I opened my laptop in the morning to be confronted with a sea of hate and disturbing threats. Twitter did nothing after I reported these threats. So I had to shut down social media.
I wonder if a few CF regulars would have the decency and self-awareness to at least blush after reading the link.
Old 13-10-2021, 17:50   #3117
cruiser

Surprising that no one here has mentioned how great the new malaria vaccine Mosquirix is.
Sounds like a real winner. 38% efficacy, lasts 4 years and only three safety issues. Which they are working out by testing with uniformed consent on 720,000 children in Africa. The identified issues were 10x higher risk of meningitis, cerebral malaria, and doubled mortality rate in females.

Quote:
......stresses the need for extensive communication campaigns, so that misinformation doesn’t hamper the rollout........Scientists hail historic malaria vaccine approval — but point to challenges ahead
The WHO-approved RTS,S vaccine has modest efficacy and requires a complex regimen of doses
“People will wonder why a 30-year-old, partially effective vaccine is suddenly being introduced during a pandemic — and targeted only at Africans,” he says. “The misinformation around COVID-19 vaccines should teach us that we can’t take community trust for granted.”
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02755-5
Quote:
Key messages
Phase III trials of the RTS,S malaria vaccine identified three safety concerns: higher risks of meningitis, cerebral malaria, and doubled female mortality
These safety concerns are now being investigated in pilot implementation studies with 720 000 participating children in Ghana, Kenya, and Malawi, planned to last 4-5 years
https://www.bmj.com/content/368/bmj.l6920.full
Quote:
RTS,S/AS01 vaccination is expected to lead to a later increased risk of malaria in older children. Seven-year follow-up of 5–17 month old children who received 3 doses of vaccine in Kilifi, Kenya and Korogwe, Tanzania demonstrated a waning effect of efficacy over time. After 5 years, vaccinated children suffered increased risk of clinical malaria compared to controls.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7227679/
But look! They tested ivermectin too and it did batter than Mosquirix and didn't kill anyone:
Quote:
In particular, the proportion of children with zero malaria episodes in the intervention group (64 [20%] of 327) was more than twice that in the control group (23 [9%] of 263). Furthermore, the median time to first malaria episode was longer in the intervention group than in the control group
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...321-3/fulltext
Quote:
Advancing the repurposing of ivermectin for malaria
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...613-8/fulltext
Thanks Bill and Melinda, Who, and Big Pharma!
That's it for me for now. This proves how much you can trust Pharma, Who, Bill Gates, and that not all vaccines are as good as they say.
Old 13-10-2021, 20:46   #3118

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

Quote:
They're not using the mRNA shots under an EUA, in adults.

As I previously reported, on Oct 3, and AS YOU WELL KNOW [1], Pfizer's ' Comirnaty' vaccine is fully approved for individuals 16 years of age and older:
Here ➥ https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...ml#post3495193
And ➥ https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...ml#post3495218

On August 23/21, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved the first COVID-19 vaccine, known as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine, which will now be marketed as Comirnaty (koe-mir’-na-tee), for the prevention of COVID-19 disease in individuals 16 years of age and older.
The vaccine also continues to be available under emergency use authorization (EUA), including for individuals 12 through 15 years of age and for the administration of a third dose in certain immunocompromised individuals.
https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pres...vid-19-vaccine

[2] The Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) authority allows FDA to help strengthen the nation’s public health protections...
... by facilitating the availability and use of medical countermeasures (MCMs) needed during public health emergencies...
... FDA may authorize unapproved medical products or unapproved uses of approved medical products to be used in an emergency to diagnose, treat, or prevent serious or life-threatening diseases...
... when certain criteria are met, including there are no adequate, approved, and available alternatives...”
NO mention of Experimental ➥ https://www.fda.gov/emergency-prepar...-authorization
Yes, Gord and this is a shame.
Old 13-10-2021, 21:01   #3119

Boat: Morgan Classic 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbs Up
Your opinion has been noted. Luckily for me, most of my statements and the links I have submitted have been recorded in the thread. Anyone can look and see that for themselves. There is no further need to argue about it.
"To engage with you further serves only to reinforce your desire for attention" So much for my sincere attempt to get you to actually look at the science. Since you can rarely respond without blathering insults, I think it is for the best.
OOOOO...still playing the histrionics card??? Here's (yet another) hint. 'Arguments' are based on mutual understanding... (please, please say "prove it")

Still waiting for my spelling errors education. that is unless, like your continued exemplary expositions in misunderstanding, you don't realize that accusations require verification, i.e. exactly which words in the post you, Ms. Up, to which you took exception, were misspelled.

If you can't answer that simple question, virtually everything you've said since you've been present here is exposed for what it is, and has been repeatedly proved; pure unadulterated bunkum.

Why the moderators let you continue with your serial, obvious lies is beyond my comprehension, unless of course, like Lonely Mark, they recognize the advertising 'value' you represent.

If that is the case, I suppose it kinda sucks to represent the 'powers' that you seem so determined to 'oppose'.

Here's an honest question. How old are you? {let's see if the 'gotta-have-the-last-word' ploy works}
Old 13-10-2021, 21:25   #3120
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

People they shut it down due to personal attacks not as some say hookum.

So can we all just stop the personal comments unless 5hey are requested.

And yes Jim I left that one in as it is a common issue I have now days when typing on my tablet due to a recent injury to the tendons controlling my right thumb.
It happens and sometimes spell check fails.

Tags
enc