Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-10-2007, 18:47   #31
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Searunner 40 Trimaran, Siruis 22 mono, 16 foot MFG daysailor
One of the most destructive forces in human history is nationalism. Anything that peacefully and constructively breaks down borders is a good thing. Look at the first half of this century in Europe and could you imagine anything even remotely like that happening now that they have the EU. You could bring up the Balkans but that was unfinished business from WWI and WWII kept under wraps by a communist dictatership.
To me it is just a natural progression of human history. It is going to happen sooner or later so get used to it. Here the corporations are way out ahead the the governments. Mexico needs to be brought up to the standards of the U.S. and Canada, not the other way around. We need to keep an eye on our elected officials on that one. This will be a long term change and could take decades. I am not losing any sleep over it. Putting up thousands of miles of walls, real and otherwise is hardly the answer. Who wants to live in a giant prison camp? Even if the walls are meant to keep out "them".

And no I did not take the brown acid, at least not in the last 35 years.

Patrick, age 9
Old 11-10-2007, 19:30   #32

Boat: Lagoon 420 -Avanga
America: Freedom to Fascism

America was an island of freedom in a world of despotism. Right now Canada, Mexico and the USA are being integrated, as Lou Dobbs said, without oversight from Congress and without the permission of the American people. Call it what you want, it does not make it go away. Joke about it. It will still be there.

What we are talking about here is non-elected panels determining the fate of our once free Constitutional Republic. Along with the Bush administration's invalidation of the Bill of Rights and the loss of checks and balances, we are looking at the end of the United States and pure fascism or corporatism.

Cognitive dissonance is difficult to penetrate, but it is simply not fair to future generations not to consider deeply what is going on. You must research this before dismissing it. You grew on the fat of the land. You benefited from this free a sovereign nation and you just want to throw it away for our children. The Boomers really are the most selfish generation in history.

As far as the Amero, even Greenspan said in the the last few weeks that the dollar will likely be replaced as the world reserve currency. Of course a common currency will be manipulated into existence. Fiat money gives those that print it nearly unlimited power.

Mayer Amschel Rothschild put it more accurately when he said,
Give me control over a nation's currency, and I care not who makes its laws. (Mayer Amschel Rothschild, 1743-1812)
The Rothschild banking family is one of the largest shareholders in our PRIVATE, FOR PROFIT Federal Reserve Bank.

Here is a good beginner Google video:
America: Freedom to Fascism
Old 11-10-2007, 20:35   #33

Send a message via AIM to sluissa
I agree with Steve Rust on this one, if it's done correctly, this could be a very good thing, unfortunately I have my doubts as to it being done correctly. I just hope it will be if this goes through, just like I hope one day everyone will just learn to get along.

There are many things wrong with this country but I doubt many people here would appreciate me getting into it. So I'll just express my distaste at certain parts of it and leave it at that.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:42   #34
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
When Mayer Amschel Rothschild said,
“Give me control over a nation's currency, and I care not who makes its laws.”
He was almost certainly talking about “technical” control over such things as money supply, interest & bond rates, etc - not control over whose picture is on the bank note, nor what it’s called.

Old 12-10-2007, 06:59   #35

Boat: Lagoon 420 -Avanga
Yes Gord,

That is exactly the control our international, private, for profit Federal Reserve Bank has.

"I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men." -Woodrow Wilson, after signing the Federal Reserve into existence

Anyone that believes allowing Bush and Cheney to circumvent the Constitution, is in anyway a good thing, needs to read some history. Yes, let us throw away free and constitutional America and allow a handfuls of elite and their corporations run everything, brilliant.

They end up rulers and we end of a peon serfs.
Old 12-10-2007, 23:56   #36
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Hartley Tahitian 45ft. Leisure Lady
Please keep political comments out of the Forum. This place is about boating, not Politics. Thanks.

For God so loved the world..........He didn't send a committee.
Closed Thread