Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-01-2007, 07:02   #1
cruiser

More Chinese Products, for the Galley This Time

I ordered a meat grinder for our galley so we could grind up our own ground venison, etc... It's hand cranked and can be used for nuts or other items too.

This grinder came in last night. I got it on eBay. The photos looked very nice and it seemed solidly built. However, nowhere did it say it was made in China.

Here are some of the things wrong with it:

1) Made out of that inferior zinc steel just like the genset I had that ran for not even 200 hours before throwing a rod.

2) Food processing area coated with used motor oil

3) Crank made from thin bamboo wood, not a hardwood

4) Paint looks suspiciously like it's lead based

Frankly, I'm not sure how the seller could sell such an item as something to process food in. It's filled with carcinogenic used motor oil. I have been steering clear of buying anything from China for a while now (so much as I can help it), but this one just angered me to no end. Basically, I got ripped off AGAIN by some jack*ss importing toxic food processing equipment into this country from China.

I've HAD it with captialism. Everybody tries to sell the cheapest product they can for the most money they can get. No sense of ethics or value. No respect for the common man and no concern if the customer even dies of cancer (from used motor oil in this case).

Those terrorists are right. Our system *is* the root of all evil on Earth. RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! No wonder they want to take it down. They probably were just shopping at WalMart and the shoes they bought a week earlier fell apart and were made from toxic waste.

Ok... got a little out of hand but this is the off topic forum. I've just had it with captialism. It doesn't work anymore, now that everyone is a greedy *sshole.
ssullivan is offline   Reply With Quote