Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-05-2010, 14:50   #1

Boat: Sold - Landlocked
Caution: If It Seems Too Good To Be True...

It probably is:
" Sailboat Morgan Nelson Merek Design Race - $5800 "
(36' Morgan Nelson Mark)
36ft Morgan Nelson Merek Design Race

Morgan Nelson Merek Design Race

Sailboat Morgan Nelson Merek Design Race

Quote:
Hi I'm Aaron,
The 36ft Morgan Nelson/Merek Design Race/cruiser with Trailer included is still for sale. The Morgan 36 was conceived as

a fast, seaworthy and comfortable racer/cruiser with exceptional appointments.Hull material ;

Fiberglass. The interior has a contemporary look, and is about 5 yrs old. With lively dark blue

fabrics and contrasting teak wood tones accent a segregated yet efficient use of space. Three axle trailer with electric brakes

in great condition - Included. My final price is $5,800 with trailer. I know it's really cheap but we need cash money to pay the

mortgage on my house and during this financial crisis you can't sell anything for its real value, so let me to know if you are

still interested. I will put the Boat on eBay at $5,800 buy it now! That way you will receive assistance for the purchase,

paperwork, title transfer, because I'm member from 2002 and I have 100% positive feedback.
Thank you.
When I asked where this boat is to look at, this is the answer I got:
Quote:
Hi again,
the Boat is already at a shipping company. I took to them to be able to ship it to a potential buyer whilst I'm out of town, working on a drilling rig in the Gulf of Mexico. My brother in law works at this small shipping company, and he promised me that it will cost me or you nothing to ship it in the ground us. Like I told you in first e-mail the Jet Ski’s is listed on eBay and that lets me use their secured system. I'm very busy with my job and I'm sorry I can't meet you in person. According to eBay you have 5 days from the time you receive the Jet Ski’s to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.
So if you really want it I will give you directions/link to the auction on eBay motors because this is the only way that I'm going to sell this Boat .
Mail me ASAP if you are still very interested in my jet skis because now I have more buyers still interested.
Draw your own conclusions!

clausont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2010, 14:59   #2

Boat: Irwin 41 CC Ketch
Well he just forgot to mention the Morgan the Jet ski in hanging off of in the second email...I see no issues....Go for it..

Relationships are everything to me...everything else in life is just a tool to enhance them.
Stillraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2010, 15:01   #3

Boat: Haida 26', 18' Sea Kayak, 15' kayak, 6.5' skiff, shorts
Its pretty sad that this same scam is still working. It has been around for so long.
tager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2010, 15:38   #4

Boat: Just Photographs & Memories Now
I got this in an email today

Hi I'm Aaron,
The 36ft Morgan Nelson/Merek Design Race/cruiser with Trailer included is still for sale. This is a real performance cruiser with the emphasis on performance, yet beautifully and comfortably appointed below decks. The Morgan 36 was conceived as a fast, seaworthy and comfortable racer/cruiser with exceptional appointments. Length (feet); 36.0 - Hull material ; Fiberglass. The interior has a contemporary look, and is about 5 yrs old, with very much a "today look". With lively dark blue fabrics and contrasting teak wood tones accent a segregated yet efficient use of space. Three axle trailer with electric brakes in great condition - Included. My final price is $5,800 with trailer. I know it's really cheap but we need cash money to pay the mortgage on my house and during this financial crisis you can't sell anything for its real value, so let me to know if you are still interested. I will put the Boat on eBay at $5,800 buy it now! That way you will receive assistance for the purchase, paperwork, title transfer, because I'm member from 2002 and I have 100% positive feedback.
Thank you. .AOLWebSuite .AOLPicturesFullSizeLink { height: 1px; width: 1px; overflow: hidden; } .AOLWebSuite a {color:blue; text-decoration: underline; cursor: pointer} .AOLWebSuite a.hsSig {cursor: default}
BlackOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2010, 15:44   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOak View Post
I got this in an email today

Hi I'm Aaron,
The 36ft Morgan Nelson/Merek Design Race/cruiser with Trailer included is still for sale. This is a real performance cruiser with the emphasis on performance, yet beautifully and comfortably appointed below decks. The Morgan 36 was conceived as a fast, seaworthy and comfortable racer/cruiser with exceptional appointments. Length (feet); 36.0 - Hull material ; Fiberglass. The interior has a contemporary look, and is about 5 yrs old, with very much a "today look". With lively dark blue fabrics and contrasting teak wood tones accent a segregated yet efficient use of space. Three axle trailer with electric brakes in great condition - Included. My final price is $5,800 with trailer. I know it's really cheap but we need cash money to pay the mortgage on my house and during this financial crisis you can't sell anything for its real value, so let me to know if you are still interested. I will put the Boat on eBay at $5,800 buy it now! That way you will receive assistance for the purchase, paperwork, title transfer, because I'm member from 2002 and I have 100% positive feedback.
Thank you. .AOLWebSuite .AOLPicturesFullSizeLink { height: 1px; width: 1px; overflow: hidden; } .AOLWebSuite a {color:blue; text-decoration: underline; cursor: pointer} .AOLWebSuite a.hsSig {cursor: default}
This sounds vaguely familiar

Old 26-05-2010, 15:46   #6

Boat: Just Photographs & Memories Now
btw... I have seen this boat listed on CraigsList in Kentucky, Florida, Louisiana, Texas, Alabama, Mississippi and Virginia
BlackOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2010, 15:48   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOak View Post
btw... I have seen this boat listed on CraigsList in Kentucky, Florida, Louisiana, Texas, Alabama, Mississippi and Virginia
Wow! That is a well traveled boat!

Old 26-05-2010, 16:52   #8

LOL, I'm waiting for that boat (with trailer) to show up here in OZ or NZ!!! LOL Let's see if the free shipping applies then..
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2010, 21:40   #9
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"
Does someone report him to Craglist or the police?

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote