Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-09-2007, 17:38   #1

Boat Babysitting...

HI all,

I've been reading this great forum and learning tons every day.. I've also noticed that there are tons of people who are always in need to leave their boat(s) somewhere because of holidays, seasonal, etc.. I was curious if there are actual companies that will watch your boat or baby sit your boat while you are away for a few weeks or for that month??

I can say right now that I would love to volunteer my time to baby sit someone's boat or just be available to stop by and check on their boat if they are away.. This would give me a chance to be around boats more often and help out my fellow boaters..

Hell, I would even be glad to fly out somewhere to literally sit on the boat for a month if needed just to get my ass on a boat. But, it would depend on location and such..

But seriously, I would be happy to watch someone's boat if it fit everyone's schedule and to give them peace of mind.. Just a thought and I was curious if such a service existed.. I assume that most marinas would have their own built in roaming security but how about just generic anchorages??

Cheers
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2010, 15:43   #2

Location: "Noosa" Australia, I am French by birth and Australian by choise.
Boat: 2 boats , a colson 21 and a bolger micro
same here

well Shadow
maybe create a web page about it ..
same here , happy to do the same as you ..
in Australia
San Francisco
if you have your boat in around Nice , Cannes ( France )too ..

you will be welcome to baby sit my next boat too ..soon i hope ..
or baby sit my home in Noosa ( where you can used laser , kayak ..my little boat 25 fts is my the garden for now !!)
Old 21-06-2010, 15:53   #3

Boat: CT54
Here in Mexico there are people that watch your boat for anywhere from $60-$100 a month. This normally includes starting the engine once a week, checking lines for chafe etc. and keeping a eye on things if the weather is to get bad. This gives a great piece of mind for the cruiser that heads back to the states during hurricane season.
From what I can see most of the people doing this kind of service are very experienced and respected in the boating world, if they were not I doubt they would get much business.
jackiepitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2010, 17:21   #4

Thanks Cath, for the thread revival!! I'm still serious about my offer. Thanks for your also!! I hope to get our yacht ASAP. I look forward to meeting you and others on this forum!!
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote