Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-07-2008, 10:02   #1

Boat: Lyle Hess 32' wooden cutter, "Iolaire"
Any "graduates" of the Ocean Navigator cruises

Out of curiosity and because I have noticed several questions about sailing/navigation courses I am interested if anyone on this forum ever sailed on the Ocean Star. I made several trips with Ocean Navigator, first on the schooners belonging to Woods Hole Oceanographic and then on the Ocean Star. These were a fantastic experience lasting a week to 10 days and I will never forget my first celestial "position". There was plenty of open ocean sailing and experience to gain. Michael Carr was the captain on several of the cruises and would have sailed with him anywhere!! I was disappointed when the program ended and have never seen a similar (and as resonably priced) school since. Anyway just some thoughts and would love to hear from anyone who also sailed on the Ocean Star. Hope this is the correct section of the forum to post this note.
Iolaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2008, 11:21   #2
Eternal Member

Someone mentioned recently having sailed on Ocean Star. Don't know if it was this Board, or Sailnet or the SSCA board. The thread, as I recall, was on celestial navigation.

Bill
btrayfors is offline   Reply With Quote