Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-02-2016, 09:27   #406

Boat: O'Day 28
pirate Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Jer View Post
There's a married version of this guy (OP) at city marina mooring field marathon florida LOL.

They have what looks like a Cross 50something, mast down with a huge white tarp over the top (I guess the topside leaks?) has any and everything on the deck...including a oversized grill you pull behind a truck, not load into a truck box. Busted up patio furniture etc..

Their dink is 14ft Livingston setup for bully netting lobster (has a tall console on the very front you stand up to operate) but it has a Bimini over the working area which would blocks you from bully netting???

They even have a 14foot van cab box truck spray painted sad sea foam green. I think they're concession sellers doing the swap meets?

Total hoarders...makes Fred Sanford look like mr clean...

Marina people, best people watching ever...
"Gypsies" is the less polite term.

Blue Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2016, 09:45   #407
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
You're funny...

Keep making me laugh please..the movie heartbreak ridge isn't a legit depiction of operation urgent fury but something tells me I'm trying to be reasonable and rational with the unreasonable and irrational...

you seem to forget how Ronnie ended the Cold War without shooting a bullet

Since you have issues with POTUS using deadly force to defend/rescue American citizens I suppose you're sad about operation just cause when GHWB authorized the takedown and capture of Manuel Noriega? Again like urgent fury, wasn't marines but Army soldiers Airborne Rangers...paratroopers from 82 Airborne and us Lightfighters from planet Ord. Too funny him seeking refuge in a church and the Catholics telling him to surrender to the Americans.

And in the news tomorrow you'll be reminded how 25 years ago fighting ended of stormin Norman's leading the others and me in the worlds last big tank battle that lasted 3 days (operation desert storm ended Feb 28 1991) when the worlds 4th largest army got skunked by a US lead coalition...such sore losers were Saddam he torched the Kuwaiti oil fields in spite...this was when & where I started calling Limeys "Limeys" to their faces...

Keep up the memory issues & wordsmith act though, it's very entertaining...
LOL... call me what you want Bud.. been called worse and laughed.. and Limey is not at all bad..
As for Gulf War 1... its all down to a matter of perspective and what went on behind the scene's to goad Saddam into his actions.. but then again it all depends on where one's info comes from.
But.. each to their own propaganda..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2016, 10:37   #408
cruiser

Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
LOL... call me what you want Bud.. been called worse and laughed.. and Limey is not at all bad..
As for Gulf War 1... its all down to a matter of perspective and what went on behind the scene's to goad Saddam into his actions.. but then again it all depends on where one's info comes from.
But.. each to their own propaganda..
Tyrants/bullies thrive on power ole man...simple basic very natural truth...

We (USA) used the "enemy of my emery is my friend" logic boasting/building up Saddam (as did Saudi Arabia) thru the 80s to battle the Iranians for our spiteful ness of their 1979 revolution where they ran off our pal the The Shaw (go to the roundhouse chalet in sun valley-pics there of him skiing sun valley) and Iranians acts of terrorism against us. Carter was too passive on foreign policy much like Obama today and people in the world confused American kindness for weakness..until Ronnie was being sworn into office jan 1981. At that moment the Iranians released the hostages they had took/held for 444 days in our embassy in Tehran (which is now a museum for exploiting why Iranians should hate USA)

Backing Saddam worked great thru the 80s till both Saddam and a-hola komainee quite fighting in 88 (best R&D/field testing we could get for chemical weapons development and testing as Saddam used them on Iranians for himself/us)
King Fahd/Saudis were engaged in the timeless Shea/Sunni war much like how LDS/FLDS people fight to the death of who is the real religion of the faith.

So a little more than a year later in aug 1990 Saddam bored and needing some thunder/wanting more trophies invaded/annexed Kuwait saying they were slant drilling his oil when the world asked for an explanation. He thought USA wouldn't question this (kinda like Putin just did with Crimea)

Saddam explained to the world he felt righteous to annex Kuwait and that panicked King Fahd/the Saudis (our hookup for our oil addiction) and thus Operation Desert Shield began to protect King Fahd's Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

King Fahd had good reason to be scared Saddam was gonna roll thru Saudi Arabia next with his battle hardened/savage mentalities republican guard (they looted/raped Kuwait in just a few days, pretty sic their conduct) and take Saudi Arabia & it's oil next...little known fact is Usama Bin Laden volunteered to liberate Kuwait with his Freedom Fighters who kicked the Soviets outta Afghanistan but King Fahd felt it better to use primarily non Muslims to war against Muslims as the theology teaches...no speculation or areas to be subjective there just hard facts of history there.

Keep working that canoe paddle you call a stir stick, it's entertaining reading you...as well as schooling you on the errors of your belief system...
Sailor Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2016, 15:14   #409
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:

We (USA) used the "enemy of my emery is my friend" logic boasting/building up Saddam (as did Saudi Arabia) thru the 80s to battle the Iranians for our spiteful ness of their 1979 revolution where they ran off our pal the The Shaw (go to the roundhouse chalet in sun valley-pics there of him skiing sun valley) and Iranians acts of terrorism against us. Carter was too passive on foreign policy much like Obama today and people in the world confused American kindness for weakness..until Ronnie was being sworn into office jan 1981. At that moment the Iranians released the hostages they had took/held for 444 days in our embassy in Tehran (which is now a museum for exploiting why Iranians should hate USA)

Backing Saddam worked great thru the 80s till both Saddam and a-hola komainee quite fighting in 88 (best R&D/field testing we could get for chemical weapons development and testing as Saddam used them on Iranians for himself/us)
King Fahd/Saudis were engaged in the timeless Shea/Sunni war much like how LDS/FLDS people fight to the death of who is the real religion of the faith.

So a little more than a year later in aug 1990 Saddam bored and needing some thunder/wanting more trophies invaded/annexed Kuwait saying they were slant drilling his oil when the world asked for an explanation. He thought USA wouldn't question this (kinda like Putin just did with Crimea)

Saddam explained to the world he felt righteous to annex Kuwait and that panicked King Fahd/the Saudis (our hookup for our oil addiction) and thus Operation Desert Shield began to protect King Fahd's Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

King Fahd had good reason to be scared Saddam was gonna roll thru Saudi Arabia next with his battle hardened/savage mentalities republican guard (they looted/raped Kuwait in just a few days, pretty sic their conduct) and take Saudi Arabia & it's oil next...little known fact is Usama Bin Laden volunteered to liberate Kuwait with his Freedom Fighters who kicked the Soviets outta Afghanistan but King Fahd felt it better to use primarily non Muslims to war against Muslims as the theology teaches...no speculation or areas to be subjective there just hard facts of history there.

Keep working that canoe paddle you call a stir stick, it's entertaining reading you...as well as schooling you on the errors of your belief system...
So... Osama bin Laden freed the Afghans from the Russian yoke huh.. nothing to do with Ahmed Shah Masood the 'Lion of Panjshir'..
Wow.. I'm learning so much here.. a complete new history of the Afghan war against the Russian hordes..
If him and his Saudi's and couple off hundred mixed follower's had not been there Afghanistan would have folded.. you mean just like they folded to the Americans.. face it.. the tribesmen kicked your ass.. you could just about hold the cities but the countryside was a whole different ball game just like for the Russians.. set up a puppet government and cling on for dear life.
The USA abandoned the Mujahadeen after the Russians left and Masood was eventually killed while his 'Allies' America negociated with the Taliban fundamentalists with a view to them forming the new government..
Just think... if you guys had not shat on Masood 9/11 would not have happened and the last 10yr war in Afghanistan would not have been needed...
To quote Masood... "We consider this our duty -- to defend humanity against the scourge of intolerance, violence, and fanaticism." --
You guys made your own bed of nails there..
As for Iraq... Kuwait was egged on to hike the pipeline charges for Iraq's oil as Iraq had no deep water ports and relied on Kuwait for shipping..
When he got the new outrageous deal Saddam tried to get Kuwait to sell one of the island to build a terminal and run a pipe line for his oil for.. Kuwait bravely told him to 'Piss Off'
Wonder where a country of less than 3/4 of a million natives found the balls to do that against a country with an army larger than its population..
As for 'Ronnie'.. that's the crap actor who made his name in westerns and WW2 propaganda movies.. he's also the ******* who told Thatcher to hand over the Falklands.. She gave him the finger and showed the world how to win a campaign 12000 miles from home on our own..
Meanwhile our wonderful French friends supplied the Argies with Exocets.
HoooooRah...

Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 27-02-2016, 15:50   #410

Boat: Catalina 470

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckle Flugga View Post
Hi all, Came to post a question on a different subject, saw this thread and had to jump in! For starters, I "resemble" the remark above! I recently received my medicare greetings in the mail so I've got a few years on the author of this thread. I've been living aboard as a single for 15+ years. I was married when I got my first boat (a 30 Newport), she got the boat in the divorce (whole 'nuther story) I bought a 25 footer, all I could afford and have been happy and snug as a bug ever since... got over the woman real quick, but couldn't get over loosing the boat. That said, I've noticed (since I've been in the heartland and on both coasts) that meeting a cruising soul mate is much easier when you're hanging out where cruising boats and cruising people are. I wasted a lot of time meeting women on cruising sites or ashore until it dawned on me that it made no sense to start relationships with women who did not share the same passion for my chosen life style. Those relationships did not all end badly, but, they all ended. I have since been content to live my dream and am doing so without expectation. If I find my first mate along the way, then I'm all the better for it. If I never find someone to share my vessel, I am content that I can get up when I want, stay out as late as I want, come home when I want, go where I want when I want without having to confer with, ask permission from or grovel about. This life style is too fulfilling for minor idiosyncrasies. It's not for everyone, but for some people like me. it can be and is the be all to end all. And if there is to be a "shemale" in your life, it can only work if she embraces the same view. If in fact it's your own view.

And that's the news from Lake Woebegone ...
Great post! Hear hear! [/QUOTE]

Mf..... you have so nailed it, my thoughts exactly but not quite doing the same at the moment.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
daletournier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2016, 16:01   #411

And if there is to be a "shemale" in your life,

don't tell us about it.
Old 27-02-2016, 16:01   #412

Boat: PSC Orion 27

Quote:
Yes they do. Oddly enough the tyrants/bullies see themselves as saviours. Attacking countries for their own interests, then attacking in retaliation when that nation strikes back. It's an age old story, just the actors change every couple of centuries.

Unfortunately it's the young and poor of the nations that have to die defending what they have been brainwashed into believing.

There are more similarities than differences between people of different cultures, but that doesn't help the old men in charge to convince kids to martyr themselves for line drawn on a map or for the interpretation of a book written about an invisible man in the sky.

goat
goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2016, 16:17   #413

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lippincott 30

Let's get back on topic, or this thread gets closed. Thanks
Old 27-02-2016, 16:34   #414

Boat: PSC Orion 27

Apologies to all offended.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2016, 16:55   #415
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

So OP.. now you know what us single guys living aboard do.. We bitch about everything..

Old 28-02-2016, 07:16   #416
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
So OP.. now you know what us single guys living aboard do.. We bitch about everything..
Amen-bravo...

Wonder where the OP went anyways??? I wanna hear more about how he scores all the babes online...defenatly wanna see pics of this trimaran of his as he's gonna sell it IMO, he isn't in love with the vessel so selling it/parting with it and getting an R.V. For the road trips to all these land locked women he's flirting with online...
Sailor Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2016, 08:05   #417

Boat: Ohlson 29

Quote:
Wonder where the OP went anyways?
He left the topic about 25 pages ago ...

Old 07-06-2016, 12:20   #418

Boat: Sold Catalina 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetepare View Post
You can find love on the internet- in today's busy world how else would you find someone?

There could be somebody down the street that you don't know- heck it happened to me, met one of my now-best friends on the internet by happenstance, much to the chagrin of our wives! I should qualify that- FRIEND- not lover, I'm talking about a buddy with the exact same interests as me, same age, two streets over. How we never crossed paths before is unbelievable, since we knew many of the same people- yet we didn't until a freak posting on an internet forum. We have a boat load more fun that I would have had with some young hottie looking for a sugar daddy.

Most men are looking for "sexy". Most women are looking for "employed".

How it finding a female partner worked for me: I watched all the new ads. Chicks in bikinis with a beer on the back of some go-fast boat were disqualified. Yes, they were hot, but they were going to be trouble. Eventually I found one that had lots of water in her photos, and a picture of her Kayak, and a decent (meaning, not sexy) photo on a catamaran. There was also a photo of her son, so no "surprise" later- not trying to hide anything. We took our time corresponding then dating. There, it worked out.

A woman is not going to be impressed with a non-functional, torn-apart project boat. Particularly if the male owner can't fix it or can't afford to.

Fun Topic
It does appear with age men are becoming a it wiser. Hopefully before they loose all tangible assets.

I bought a house with a mate because I felt that was the way to make a real partnership. Not to say that this doesn't work out, just didn't for me. I see the happiest couples out there do not need all the material things. What a sailing woman needs is a man that can fix a boat and has enough money to keep it afloat. What a sailing man needs is a woman that can get by with what is on board and doesn't sweat the small stuff. If she can make really good things come of the galley and run a sander, that is a good thing.
It is good to hear, there are dome real guys out there and yes sailing is Sexy.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
lorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 14:06   #419
RTB

Boat: Hunter 36

Quote:
Amen-bravo...

Wonder where the OP went anyways??? I wanna hear more about how he scores all the babes online...defenatly wanna see pics of this trimaran of his as he's gonna sell it IMO, he isn't in love with the vessel so selling it/parting with it and getting an R.V. For the road trips to all these land locked women he's flirting with online...
I hung around with him for a few months in South Beach. He's alive and well. We left together heading up the East Coast for awhile. He decided to put the boat on the hard, bought a camper and is land cruising for now. I'm not sharing pics of his catamaran, but it is quite an awesome sight. As he said, the inside is a work in progress, so a long way to go getting it to live aboard/cruising status for most women. It's a construction zone inside.

The OP is having fun for now, and I think it's still up in the air if he ever really completes this project. I hope he does, because he's put so much into this boat already. It would be a shame not to totally finish it out.

Ralph
RTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 14:12   #420

I want a woman who can cook and run a sander. Send pic of sander.

Tags
cruising, living aboard, men, single