Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-11-2017, 11:28   #1156
cruiser

Boat: Retired from CF
Re: Single Men Living Aboard and Cruising... an honest look.

The repression of natural sexuality was always key to institutional / society's control of individuals. In the early days the boundary line between organized religion and "political-economic" power was more blurred.

The laws, rules and norms used to enforce that repression is cause of a lot of misery, not least power imbalances between the sexes, and the use of sex as a weapon and currency.

People that are less constrained by those outmoded norms, are usually also more respectful of others as individuals and basic principles like freely given consent.

The kind of people that devote their lives to gaining money and power, fitting in to the mainstream at least superficially (cf sociopaths), not so much.

There is nothing wrong IMO with attractive people using any and all their assets to get where they want to go, including explicit sex work.

It is coercion and deception that are wrong in this, as in any other context.
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2017, 11:40   #1157

Boat: Bristol 47.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by john61ct View Post
There is nothing wrong IMO with attractive people using any and all their assets to get where they want to go, including explicit sex work.

It is coercion and deception that are wrong in this, as in any other context.
Exactly! And coercion and deception are clear boundary lines.
Exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2017, 13:23   #1158
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer

Good post John61Ct
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2017, 16:51   #1159
CF Adviser

This had me scratching my head.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbpPeW6F6GH/
Old 21-11-2017, 06:52   #1160

Boat: Pearson 365 and Jeanneau 371

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post

Right on boatman. Great photo quip-I recognized her right away) This all reminds me of a conversation I had once with a banker friend. He was VP of the bank, plenty if dough (just sold his house and sitting on a mil in cash, which he promptly invested in gold while it was at its peak-read no bueno) and he told me he had been internet dating, having a great time but could never get into a meaningful relationship or progress any further in developing one. "Well Terry, I said, the answer's simple, it's because you're so shallow." The answer isn't more stuff, bigger or better (though I'm not one to claim exception) it's in genuine interaction and caring, doing and being what you love and being in tune with honest action.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
piloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2017, 07:27   #1161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagic View Post
I have been thinking about that subject in there for a long time.
Was wanting to get re-certified, but because of thinking of that same thing happening to me i have second thoughts.
Some of some licenses I need require that.. I dont know.

One of those msgs in there states you have to undress them, that is not true.
Their bra and shirt need opened for CPR.
Treatment for heat stroke may require more 'drastic' measures.

Maybe just forget the whole thing.
Nicor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2017, 07:35   #1162
CLOD

Boat: none

I met my wife when we were both in the Navy. Now days instead having been married for 35 years I bet now we have gotten written up.
Old 21-11-2017, 08:50   #1163
CF Adviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicor View Post
I have been thinking about that subject in there for a long time.
Was wanting to get re-certified, but because of thinking of that same thing happening to me i have second thoughts.
Some of some licenses I need require that.. I dont know.
I think it is worth getting recertified as then people would remember that you are Not Touching that Breasts...
..It is the Sternum!
Old 21-11-2017, 10:17   #1164

Quote:
I think it is worth getting recertified as then people would remember that you are Not Touching that Breasts...
..It is the Sternum!
That is very true there. But how many will see what they want to see ?
Even i in that post wrote it wrong without even thinking.
I was certified at one time.

In the class i was in you undid the bra clips or cut it in the front.

I read on the 'new way' to do CPR there was only chest compression.
No more mouth-mouth training. I think its mistake myself.
Not even a bag I think.

Have to go to a class and actually find out why not.
Nicor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2017, 10:45   #1165
cruiser

Boat: Retired from CF

Wow, I don't remember Janice looking like that?

I went on Google images, and she was cute!!?

Even her albums I owned big fan, nearly all of them at the time, faithful reader of Rolling Stone from issue #1 etc

I never remember her as pretty?

Is it just my tastes having changed, am I early onset?

or is this further evidence that I've slipped into some bizarre alternative timeline in the "all possible worlds" multiverse predicted by physics' cosmic string theory?
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2017, 18:41   #1166
CF Adviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
Wifey B:
We also need leaders exemplifying human good and decency and proper treatment of others. We need positive examples from parents, from business persons, from our elected leaders. We need those who really believe in respect and right and do it because it's from their heart and their makeup, not false leaders trying to protect fan support like Roger Goodell. We need efforts not for headlines but for justice.
Almost every day now, a different Man in a Power Position is outed.....!

Latest is Matt Lauer...Quickly judged and fired!
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/29/b...att-lauer.html

We often put our leaders up on a pedestal and when they fail in some human way, we judge and punish them far more harshly!

At the moment, this:... "Man in Power's interest and coercion of Women as a sexual possibility... (Please don't confuse with any type of Rape)... is spreading like wildfire throughout the US media and probably the world!

So expect this new form of media driven 'Sexual McCarthyism', to increase and create victims on all sides and areas.

I still believe it is great that it has awakened public awareness and hopefully education, but in this context of a single sailor contemplating inviting a female crew to cruise with him as a buddy/companion.... there are now new risks to be considered if any sexual tensions developed and are perceived as coercion.

Consider:
Young boys are taught thru literature, movies to be the aggressor in attracting a women. And many traditional woman expect and accept that as an unspoken part of a normal mating ritual. (that type of woman often appears coy but doesn't actually say No until the guy crosses the line!!)... It would be much better if women sent out clear..."Not Interested" signals at the outset of any man's attempt to test the water

While Testosterone levels diminish with Age, the irony of this is that single Alpha type men tend to fight and resist less activity by resorting to other means of sexual conquests, including power coercion.

https://health.spectator.co.uk/sex-a...l-ages-of-men/

An obvious solution is to safely remove the illegality and stigma away, by providing a more protected Sexual Worker situation (both Male and Female) and allow for a more healthier release of the pent up sexual tensions of a frustrated person.

But our puritanical mindset is afraid that this will put women at risk even more......

Thoughts??
Old 29-11-2017, 19:48   #1167

Good assessment but I think its a little more straight forward.
Many people with an A type personality " Have to Be in Charge type" are mentally by their very nature power hungry and risk takers. Its what makes them tick.
If you look at all of the people being picked out for sexual harassment they all fit this category. They believe because they are powerful they can get away with anything and these sexual provocation's is to see how far they can push that boundary and what they can get away with.
The person on the receiving end also play into this power game with a love of being around powerful people with the full knowledge that if they want to turn the tables they can do it by simply exposing what is going on catching the person basically in going to far.
The funny thing is these harassment purges have gone on since the beginning of time and will keep on occurring no matter what outcome comes from this current cleansing.
Wayfarer1008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2017, 20:07   #1168
CF Adviser

Hi Wayfarer.... Well said!

But I did not want to just focus on those Type A's other than the fact that young boys try to emulate them.

I am more interested in whether our social media should take a new look at legalizing Sex Workers as they are doing with marijuana.

I am quite sure these A types would manage their sexual demands far more efficiently, if that option was an accepted option.
Old 29-11-2017, 20:08   #1169
Jd1

Boat: Catalina 36 MKII

Quote:
Almost every day now, a different Man in a Power Position is outed.....!
Thoughts??
I have turned in my man card! Almost anything we do can be twisted to sound like harassment or worse. A career or a life can be ruined at a drop of a hat just because one party might feel slighted. All of this simply on the say-so of a person with a grudge and with absolutely no limitations on how many years back one can be accused.
A side effect of this hysteria - true predators get lost in the avalanche of accusations!

Process be damned, just accuse them and string em' up in the nearest tree!
Jd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2017, 20:16   #1170
CF Adviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jd1 View Post
A side effect of this hysteria - true predators get lost in the avalanche of accusations!
Never thought of that but I can see it happening.

I'm coming more from a "Solve the Problem" perspective and would be interested in any reliable Sexual Harrasment statistics on countries like Holland and Germany that have legal Sex Workers?

Tags
cruising, living aboard, men, single