Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-01-2011, 19:56   #1

Boat: Will be a 50' Cat
Does Anyone Have Current Info on Japan (Tokyo) Liveaboard Options ?

Hi All... Does anyone have information on the feasibility of living aboard in the Tokyo area... somewhere close enough to walk to a train... If the stars align, I might have the option to move and if so, would really like to get the boat and live on it... (the wife is Japanese and that would be part of the deal for me relocating )... Also if you know of any Japanese female sailors I would really like to make contact on behalf of my wife (assuming they don't hate sailing).... Thanks all
capcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2011, 07:24   #2

Boat: On the lookout for a PDQ36 :D
Hey there- Sorry to say, but moorage in the Tokyo area is very expensive. Here is a good directory of marinas by prefecture:
http://www.sail-japan.info/site/modu...wcat.php?cid=1
Look into Chiba and surrounding areas. I once looked into moorage in Yokohama and they wanted something like 1100USD per month plus a 20% deposit on the yearly rate. Maybe you could look into somewhere outside the city and use the money you'd save on train fare. The Shinkansen will get you there in no time. I have seen moorage here in Hiroshima for about 300usd/month for a 30ft mono. Let me know if I can offer any more assistance! Sail-Japan is a great resource.. Also keep in mind that you need a license to operate anything with a motor here and they don't accept foreign accreditation. The test is offered in English though and isn't difficult.
pistolen08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Japan, liveaboard