Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Sailor Logs & Cruising Plans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-07-2011, 19:09   #76

Boat: FP Athena 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kettlewell
Wait a minute, back to the OP, Maine is "paradise." Their slogan is "the way life should be," and to many it is right up there with the top cruising destinations in the world. If you have the time, I would suggest giving a northern trip some serious thought, but not this year--it is too late in the season to be sailing across the Caribbean. One contrast that many on here sound like they would appreciate is the near total lack of crime to worry about. Many Mainers leave their boats unlocked, year round, whether on the mooring or ashore--same as their homes and cars. There is no such thing as locking your dinghy at the dinghy dock. But of course the big attraction is the gorgeous scenery, interesting exploration on a complicated coastline, quaint little villages, lobsters, blueberry pie, ice cold water all around, and general lack of hurricanes. For the more adventurous there is New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, and even Labrador. Try it, you might like it.
I am in Maine now. I left the Caribbean in February and have been slowly make our way up the east coast. It has been beautiful here. (I used to live here). The weather gas been great too.
Cats Eye is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Caribbean