Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-03-2021, 01:04   #16

Re: Medical billing and coding et. al.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateFoxy View Post
Yes, I’d look more into companies that allow remote work/wfh.
Never forget: If the job can be done remotely from across town, it also can be done from India, Vietnam or Zimbawe.

At the moment everyone is totally hyped on how well the lockdows and work from home is working the last year, but rest assured even the most dull manageroid will start to wonder about this in the next 18 to 24 months.

Better prepare your arguments now why moving your job to India isn't a good idea.
Joh.Ghurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 12:49   #17

Boat: Catalina 30

Agree with the comments about medical billing. However, another option that may be more viable is medical transcription.
May require less training but you do need to be able to type (I've read) 60 WPM or better.

Of course, with just about any remote job, internet access would be necessary.
I don't know what the likelihood of getting contracts remotely are. Seems to me you would still have to do some sales calls and meet in person to get established. I would think that once established, word of mouth etc could produce additional contracts that may not require meeting in person.

You would have to do some research to see if it would work for you.
MC4Sunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 16:13   #18

Boat: 1973 Grampian 30

Thanks!

That gives me food for thought!
Michael Henson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 20:15   #19

Boat: C&C 27 Mk III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joh.Ghurt View Post
Never forget: If the job can be done remotely from across town, it also can be done from India, Vietnam or Zimbawe.

At the moment everyone is totally hyped on how well the lockdows and work from home is working the last year, but rest assured even the most dull manageroid will start to wonder about this in the next 18 to 24 months.

Better prepare your arguments now why moving your job to India isn't a good idea.

Some jobs do not allow data to be transferred outside the country where the data resides.
For example state or federal government data in the us must be processed in whole within the us. Similar restrictions may apply elsewhere
Old 09-07-2021, 18:34   #20

Boat: Bruce Roberts 43

My wife did some coding a few years back, and at the time were very strict on how you connected to their files. No WiFi, had to be hard wired and on a secure network, using computer provided by them. Things may have changed.
Landfall43 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cal, medical