Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Fishing, Recreation & Fun
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-05-2018, 03:38   #16

Re: Who says dolphins have no sense of humour..

the dolphin tried to maneuver mid air but still hit him
Dogbah13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2023, 05:40   #17
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2023, 07:13   #18

Boat: Hunter 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagablu View Post
Having dived with dolphins I can tell you with certainty those fish are like a mean spirited, bullying, over-sexed teenagers who like taking advantage of any other life form.

Why I think this you ask? First my girlfriend was going to do this short dive without a wetsuit, they told her absolutely not, they implied she might get taken advantage of. So during this dive with semi-wild dolphins I was told they might lightly grab you to get a reaction. I was told to not react and they will stop. Well this fish grabbed me twice, no reaction. Picking only on me and not the others in the group. Then fish-face grabbed me from behind and scared the crap out of me. After that I was their bitch. Charging at me at full speed to make me flinch. Then while swimming to another location fishy side-swiped me and spun me around. Knocked off my mask and regulator. Tortured me to the end.

BTW, I know they are mammals...barely.
They are well known to gang rape. They aren't the cuddly fish Disney makes them out to be. Just like humans I suppose.
flightlead404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2023, 07:41   #19
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightlead404 View Post
They are well known to gang rape. They aren't the cuddly fish Disney makes them out to be. Just like humans I suppose.
An animal cannot commit rape, which is a crime, that involves moral turpitude. The same would apply to the term “murder.

Dolphins, forcing themselves onto unwilling females, singly, or in gangs, isn’t wrong. It is merely dolphins being dolphins.

Humans alone, are capable of cruelty, and sexual coercion, and rape, are immoral, and criminal acts.
Describing nonhuman behavior, in these terms, trivializes rape.

Nature is not cruel; it is simply indifferent, and these behaviors show a disregard, for other living things, rather than malice.

It should be noted that forced copulation [dolphin rape] has not been directly witnessed, as far as I am aware. The evidence comes from observations of the precopulatory behavior, and physical evidence of violence, on the females.

There is little doubt that sexual coercion is part of their reproductive strategy, as it is in many organisms, and that the behavior is violent. But we must be careful not to anthropomorphize their behavior, whether it be cute, smart, or horrid.

Old 19-07-2023, 07:45   #20

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Howe_Lovatt

https://www.iflscience.com/scientist...ith-them-42137
George_SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2023, 13:03   #21
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Suishohama Beach in Mihama, Japan, will close from July 21, as a safety precaution, after a string of incidents, involving dolphins and beachgoers, on July 16 and 17, left (at least) four people injured.
More ➥ https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-66216199

Tags
dolphins