Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-03-2011, 11:05   #1

US Citizen Buying Boat in Macao

Thread mates,

I am planning to buy a boat owned by an American expat who is living in Macao, and has the craft registered and documented there. Since I am also an American, my plan is to purchase the boat in Macao and to apply for US Coast Guard documentation in my name, while readying the boat to cruise to Taiwan and further afield. (see China Sea thread for details on all that).

I would clear Macao flying the US flag and carrying USCG documentation with me when I arrive in Taiwan. If anyone is familiar with purchasing a boat in this part of the world, or if anyone sees any potential legal or financial drawbacks to this plan, please let me know.

Thanks, in advance, to all.

G2L
Gone2long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:20   #2

Clarification

Just to make things a bit clearer, "Registered and documented there" means that the boat is currently Macao flagged.

Thank you,

G2L
Gone2long is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buying