Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-11-2022, 17:47   #1

Thru hull straight threads to hose barb

I have gunnels on my boat ( downeaster 32) so my deck must drain through the deck and to a through hull on the outside of the hull. I currently have (2) 1.5" drains. They penatrate the deck then 90 that leads aft for a few inches after to another 90 that goes out the side of the hull. The reason it leads aft would be because it's to tight of a turn to just 90 right overboard. If that makes sense. I have to record my decks and when I take on alot of water it takes to long to drain. So I'll be adding a few more. The factory fittings are bronze oblong custom jobbies. So I found some 90 degree deck drains on Amazon they seem ok

SHENGHUISS 90 Degree 1-1/4" and 1-1/2" Boat Deck Floor Drain Scupper Marine 316 Stainless Steel Deck Floor Drainage Cover with Three Screws https://a.co/d/fZFwQx5

So I had to compromise and get the stainless even though my boats all bronze and I like the classic bronze look. For terminating on the side of the hull I'm gonna use 1 1/2 grocco bronze through hulls. I'm trying to get a bushing to go from straight thread to 90 to hose barb..like this

https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...772724313,cs:1

However this isn't straight thread.
Any ideas?
Mg451 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hull, thru hull