Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-05-2024, 02:08   #1

Boat: Beneteau First 45
Lewmar hatch removal

Hi all
I have lewmar flush hatches and tried today to remove the lid of one of these but am stumped. Does anyone have any experience to share? They don't have the same hinge system as the Ocean hatch series, and instead seem to have two pins that look like they should move into a space in the middle and then come out, but I don't see any way to slide them, especially as some have become recessed into their channels. The other option looks to be to remove the hinges that attach to the deck frame itself, but after removing the screws of these they still wouldn't budge.
boxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2024, 02:38   #2

Boat: BUILT!!! Roberts Mauritius 43ft
Re: Lewmar hatch removal

Maybe you could have a look at these clips to see if they are relevant?

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=R...t=gws-wiz-serp

I want to avoid having to replace the acrylic in my hatches so I made up X4 fiberglass hatch covers. I don't have any leaks now and I assume in tropical sun the yacht will be a lot cooler. You can see the fore-deck hatch cover in the photo. (They are held in place with bungee cords (Occy straps)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_IGP7576.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	419.0 KB
ID:	290239  
coopec43 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
hatch, lewmar, removal