Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2018, 12:18   #16

Boat: Milkraft 60 ex trawler
Re: How to store/dispense epoxy

Bigger boat so have space for 30 litre packs below.
Transfer that into 2 litre plastic for easy use and access.
For measuring I got 100 disposable cups for a few dollars and accurately measured and marked 5:1 scale on one - then transfered those marks onto the rest
Simi 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 13:03   #17

Boat: Dufour Safari 27'

I was told that you can store the resin and the hardener with the pumps in the can for about a year or so. If they will be stored longer one should remove the pumps and place the cap on the can.

An interesting note about West Systems, and perhaps others, is that if they freeze, you can bring them back to life by heating them to 125 degrees. The heating will remove the crystals that form during freezing.

I generally remove the pumps and put them in bags, then put the caps back on the cans. I them put the cans in bags just in case.

By the way, if you are using the West System, you can get larger sizes then the quart and gallon usually sold at marine chandleries. They also sell in roughly five gallon and 55 gallon sizes. You can also get custom sizes if you by in quantities of roughly fifteen or more. I would keep a couple of empty gallon or quart cans around for easier dispensing and carrying.
ArmyDaveNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 02:02   #18

Boat: Bruce Roberts 44' Steel Mauritius

I use a small cooler to store all those messy things and clean it out every once in a while. Insulation helps. Up here keeping it warm is normally more important than cool.
Mithril Bham is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epoxy