Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-2006, 16:39   #16

Boat: CSK, 33' Aita Pe'ape'a
Hard dodger

This is a hard dodger I built for my Catalina 27. I made it out of 3 1/8 inch doorskins. (luan) I glassed over it and painted it with Lp.

http://www.cruisersforum.com/gallery...p?i=2807&c=517

:d ork::dor k:
Tnflakbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 17:37   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: Gozzard 36
Send a message via Skype™ to Pblais
The Gozzard 36 we just got uses a half hard windscreen. It also has a canvas dodger that comes up the rest of the way and back across the top, The bottom half of the front is fiberglass frame with tempered glass. The hard dodger is bolted on with spaces at the bottom to run the lines led aft back to the clutches on either side. They make them at the factory but if you like I can take some pictures and post them. I think it is a nice design. I saw a similar one of teak and glass on 1967 Cris Craft 37 center cockpit walk over and it was really nice too. It was only half as high up as a canvas dodger

When we brought the boat home all the way down the Chesapeake in October we had nasty 30 knot winds and the dodger did a great job with the water that would at times come aboard and it deflected a lot of wind. The interesting thing was that with only a half dodger it did the brunt of every thing you want. Since the existing cockpit canvas was very trashed and worthless we took it off. When weather that is both cold and windy (like it was coming home 200 nm with temps in the 50 degree F range) it would have been nice to plug the top half too, but you wouldn't need it in warm weather.
Pblais is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dodger