Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Construction, Maintenance & Refit
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2019, 05:30   #16

Boat: Gemini 105Mc+
Send a message via Skype™ to Sailorman Ed
Re: Groit (sp) hatches - replacements- French boat

Cyclops, no, I found them for sale in France. I just looked and did not find the receipt but the cost was very reasonable and they shipped via French mail at a very reasonable cost, arriving in about a week. Search for Groit and France, they were easy to deal with.
Ed
Sailorman Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 05:49   #17

Boat: 1991 Privilege 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailorman Ed View Post
Cyclops, no, I found them for sale in France. I just looked and did not find the receipt but the cost was very reasonable and they shipped via French mail at a very reasonable cost, arriving in about a week. Search for Groit and France, they were easy to deal with.
Ed
Thanks for the quick reply! At the end of last year, I ordered enough gasketing rubber to do all my Goiot Tradition hatches from International Boat Spares, located in France. I also ordered one set of handles.

I ordered it from them, even with the high cost of shipping, because I couldn't locate gasket rubber with the same trapezoidal cross-section in the USA. Do you have a source for it, should I need more?

For posterity:

GASKET TRADITION HATCH - International Boat Spares 4,49 € each

PAIR OF INSIDE HANDLES RIGHT/LEFT TRADITION HATCH - International Boat Spares 43,10 € each

PAIR OF OUTSIDE HANDLES TRADITION HATCH - International Boat Spares 36,51 € each

Shipping was 54,00 € , so placing an order with them isn't something to be done for just a few items. I bought 14m of gasket, and the cost of shipping was still 1/3 of the whole order.
Sailing Cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2019, 13:06   #18

Boat: FP Mahe 36

Anybody have any more information on Goiot replacement parts ? The hinge pins on my 44C hatches on the bow compartments of my FP Mahe 36 have degraded to a point where the hatches are now sloppy and leak. It appears that the replacement friction pins a rather expensive !
Are there any after market or DIY suggestion ?
Thanx for any help,
Ray
Yellowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2019, 13:22   #19

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

@ Yellowdog,

Measure the length needed and the diameter of the hole. Maybe a standard fast pin would work for you. Suggest you see if the holes are still round, not worn oval and sloppy. The little ball in the fast pin won't stop it sliding out unless it is a tight fit all the way around.

You could also consider using a bolt and acorn nut, or double nutting it.

Ann

Tags
enc, hatch, men, replacements