Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-03-2024, 01:45   #1

Fitted Trudesign MaiL TAIL wrong one

Good morning, everyone,

I hope you're all enjoying a fantastic weekend.

About a month ago, I mistakenly installed the wrong male tail onto the sea cock valve in my toilette. I purchased tails of different sizes, and by error, I fitted the 3/4" tail to a 22mm instead of the required 3/4 to 19mm. I'm concerned about potential pipe splitting within the toilette systems.

My question is, would changing the male tail while the valve is underwater damage its true design or have a water leak?

Could this potentially cause it to break?

Additionally, since I've used the MS sealant recommended by Trudesign, would it be challenging to add more sealant to the new male tail if i decide to chage it?

I look forward to hearing your opinions. You can view the here: image for reference.

Roque2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2024, 07:56   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Elan 45 impression
Re: Fitted Trudesign MaiL TAIL wrong one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roque2021 View Post
Good morning, everyone,

I hope you're all enjoying a fantastic weekend.

About a month ago, I mistakenly installed the wrong male tail onto the sea cock valve in my toilette. I purchased tails of different sizes, and by error, I fitted the 3/4" tail to a 22mm instead of the required 3/4 to 19mm. I'm concerned about potential pipe splitting within the toilette systems.

My question is, would changing the male tail while the valve is underwater damage its true design or have a water leak?

Could this potentially cause it to break?

Additionally, since I've used the MS sealant recommended by Trudesign, would it be challenging to add more sealant to the new male tail if i decide to chage it?

I look forward to hearing your opinions. You can view the here: image for reference.

you must change taile or pipe. but i never see pipe iner 22mm . wher is this standard.

second. close trudesign valve,hold by hand valve,with proper key remove this 22 tail, put your proper tail 16/19 mm (check twice what you have)
third temporary
boil 2 dl water put in glas couple second soften pipe 19mm to stay on 22 tail
more is offline   Reply With Quote