Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-03-2017, 13:51   #1

Boat: Endeavour 43
Endeavour 43 Chainplates

Hello, I'm getting ready to replace the 38-year-old chain plates on my ketch before heading offshore. After researching materials I’m leaning towards titanium.
My question is directed towards other Endeavour 43 owners whom have done this replacement job. There appears to be two ways to access the main mast chain plates, either dismantling the interior or cutting out the bulwarks. What may determine how to access these plates is how they are attached inside the hull.
Were the original chain plates merely bolted to the hull or were they glassed in as well? Short of finding an answer here, and not having to re-invent the wheel, I’ll use a bore scope.
And yes, I have done a search in this forum specific to the Endeavour 43 and have found none.
Thank you to the forum and all its knowledge for any ideas.
sea1ljs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 20:56   #2

Boat: Endeavour 43, Contour 34sc, J/35, Hobie 33, Helms 30, Hobie 18 and Hobie Holder
Re: Endeavour 43 Chainplates

I just got a new to me 1979 E43 and will also be doing the chainplates before we leave TX for FL. Probably will work on them in the next few weeks so if you get to them first let me know! if not I will do the same and post on this. From what I could see is they are fairly simple, each plate if I can recall has 6 carriage bolts and two screws for the covering and I hope it will come out once you clear all the old silicon. The fwd two on the main mast on the port side will need to have the cabinets removed and then the aft on the main mast will have to have the cabinets removed. The starboard side looks easier and on my boat I can get to them with out removing anything in the head. Good luck and keep us posted!
HOWERTON76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
endeavour