Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-06-2008, 07:18   #1

Boat: Gulfstar 37 - Perseverence
Diesel Tank capacity on Gulfstar 37

I'm trying to determine the actual capacity of the Diesel tank on my 1979 Gulfstar 37 aft cockpit. I've gotten conflicting reports from different sources, so I am hoping there are some owners out there who know what the actual capacity is supposed to be. THe tank is the orginal that is an integral fiberglass keel tank.

Some sources say 30 gal, some say 50....I know it will hold 30, as I have put that much into it, but I don't know how much was in the tank when I bought it, so short of running it dry, don't know how to figure out the capacity. Any ideas?
jlogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 16:37   #2

Boat: KP 44
tank size

We recently added a Tank Tender and calibrated using a 5 gallon jug. We measured 28 gallons of useable fuel. A couple of years before we had a problem with the origonal fuel pickup. While making a new one I descovered that the old one stoped well short of the bottom of the tank and had that stupid mesh screen around it. I know that the bottom of the tube should not be all the way to the bottom but that one was about 4" short. The new one stops about 1" from the bottom.
Mike
SV Slacker
77 GS 37
slacker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, gulfstar