Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Construction, Maintenance & Refit
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-12-2021, 07:38   #1

Boat: 40 ft Van Dine Custom Gaffed rigged Schooner
Talking Anyone used a clear coat called Permalac

Last night while killing time trying to get “out from under the weather” so to speak, I came across this online. I chuckle as I type this thinking about how many of you are like me, in that when I’m healthy I’m thinking about/ shopping for/ or executing projects on one of my boats. When I’m not feeling well, I forego the latter two and stick with the first! It keeps me sane and helps me stay away from the boob tube. Something tells me I’m not alone in this regard with this group.
The product is called Permalac, and is a two part ( I think they also offer a one part?) product used to stop oxidation on metals. It says that on exterior items it will last 5 years. I find that hard to believe. I’ve always assumed that Bristol condition brass and bronze only occurs on vessels that have paid crew tasked with keeping it that way.
Is this too good to be true? Maybe it’s that for hundreds of years it took constant attention from crew, but emerging product formulation has evolved to a point where a product like this works. I just had the amusing thought that if we could sho a caveman how to use a grill lighter he would say, wait a minute…… I no longer have to rub sticks together?

I welcome any thoughts or testimonials on this product and others some of you are fond of.
Tatheelrod22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cal