Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Engines and Propulsion Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-03-2024, 19:51   #1

Boat: Cascade 36
"Water in sail drive seal alarm" Yanmar 3YM30

Started my engine up today on the Yanmar 3YM30 and was going to go sailing. However, an alarm is now going off, and the instrument panel shows the alarm lit up for "water in sail drive seal alarm." I'm wondering if anyone may have any insight into what this could be about? The engine is not a sail drive. It has a KM2P gearbox and prop shaft that goes through the hull. I am trying to trace wires and figure it out, but anyone have any ideas? I wonder if the previous owner wired this particular alarm into some system that I am unaware of or if there is something standard that I should be looking into. Any insight is much appreciated. Thank you! Sanna
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3192.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	399.0 KB
ID:	287891   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3194.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	392.2 KB
ID:	287892  

Old 21-03-2024, 22:15   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Elan 45 impression
Re: "Water in sail drive seal alarm" Yanmar 3YM30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinySoyQuick View Post
Started my engine up today on the Yanmar 3YM30 and was going to go sailing. However, an alarm is now going off, and the instrument panel shows the alarm lit up for "water in sail drive seal alarm." I'm wondering if anyone may have any insight into what this could be about? The engine is not a sail drive. It has a KM2P gearbox and prop shaft that goes through the hull. I am trying to trace wires and figure it out, but anyone have any ideas? I wonder if the previous owner wired this particular alarm into some system that I am unaware of or if there is something standard that I should be looking into. Any insight is much appreciated. Thank you! Sanna
Try find around engine this or similar,simply disconect

https://www.kkemotorer.dk/underhus/4...sort-stik.html

also maybe he conect racor water sensor in fuel to this up amplifer. but find amplifer and folow wire to sensor. ussualy this up amplifer fail
more is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
yanmar, sail, 3ym30, alarm, water