Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-03-2024, 07:59   #16

Boat: 1982 Beneteau First 42'
Re: Replacing old wet exhaust hose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonB View Post
Ugh.. The boats been on the hard for going on 2 years now. The owner has run out of funds. I am just a helper on the project.
Oh no! I need a project helper myself. Had some cooling gremlins and I've replaced all kinds of things and finally it appears my muffler crapped out while its been sitting for a couple months.

Loathing the idea of getting to this muffler.
My late Dad's boat. So many great memories in the Keys/Bahama. Currently trying to figure out how we can continue the adventure without him. ISO of inexpensive wet storage and someone to teach the systems on the boat
Enyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2024, 08:16   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyar View Post
Oh no! I need a project helper myself. Had some cooling gremlins and I've replaced all kinds of things and finally it appears my muffler crapped out while its been sitting for a couple months.

Loathing the idea of getting to this muffler.
Too bad you are in Florida. I don't own a boat yet, I trade elbow grease and sailing experience for use of boats here in Toronto, Canada. I always seem to find people who buy a boat and learn to sail after.

It shouldn't be too bad a job. There was lots of room on my friend's 32S5. The hose is expensive and you need a lot of it. It's heavy so I would try to find another set of hands to install the new one. The old one could be cut into pieces to make it easier to remove.

Good luck!
BrandonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2024, 06:26   #18

Boat: 1982 Beneteau First 42'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonB View Post
Too bad you are in Florida. I don't own a boat yet, I trade elbow grease and sailing experience for use of boats here in Toronto, Canada. I always seem to find people who buy a boat and learn to sail after.

It shouldn't be too bad a job. There was lots of room on my friend's 32S5. The hose is expensive and you need a lot of it. It's heavy so I would try to find another set of hands to install the new one. The old one could be cut into pieces to make it easier to remove.

Good luck!
Come on down! Got a place to stay and certainly the weather would be preferable in the winter!
My late Dad's boat. So many great memories in the Keys/Bahama. Currently trying to figure out how we can continue the adventure without him. ISO of inexpensive wet storage and someone to teach the systems on the boat
Enyar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exhaust