Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-03-2024, 04:56   #1

Boat: Hurley Signet 20 - 20ft
Outboard lower unit question

Doing a bit of a clean up on my 2002 mercury mariner 6HP two stroke long shaft. It's on a 20ft Hurley that makes the outboard feel young.

On the lower unit, I'm removing the lower cuff to replace the rubber pad underneath it. Parts diagrams call these bits the "mount cover" and the rubber pad "EFI Box Mount" (odd name, that last one, but it seems to be a multipurpose part).

I'm wondering if there is a torque spec to tighten the two bolts to when I reassemble?

Couldn't paste an image inline, so I've included a link to the parts diagram online, I'm removing #4 to replace #3 and need to know how tight to make #5.

I realize this forum isn't necessarily made up of outboard gearheads, but I figured I'd start here, and work my way towards the forums more devoted to outsmarting fish. Trying not to spend $ on a workshop manual to find out one number.

Thanks for any help!!!
ajardine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
outboard