Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-08-2021, 08:02   #1

Boat: oceanis 45
Problème de D&G océanis 45

Bonjour,

J'ai une panne depuis l'achat en 2017 sur mon Océanis 45 avec le D&G.
Il passe subitement soit en navigation moteur soit au démarrage en sécurité lampe rouge clignotante sur le joskit ce qui entraine une perte de propulsion et mis au ralenti du moteur.
Il faut faire un arrêt total du système; couper les batteries service et moteur pendant un laps de temps pour que la panne disparaisse;
J'ai cru comprendre que David B as eu une panne similaire;
Si une personne peut m'aider je suis preneur car je commence à être à court d'idée pour la recherche de panne.
Merci par avance
Jean Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2021, 08:07   #2

Re: Problème de D&G océanis 45

Hi Jean Marc and welcome to CF.

You will have much better luck posting in english.

Bonne chance.
NaClyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2021, 08:35   #3

Here's a rough translation of Jean-Marc's problem:

Ever since I purchased my Océanis 45 in 2017, I've had a problem with the D&G.

It suddenly switches either to engine navigation, or, when starting in safety, a flashing red light on the joystick [throttle?] causing a loss of propulsion and the engine [is put to idle].

[Note: The OP doesn't indicate whether he is shifting the engine to idle on loss of propulsion or whether it's happening as part of the "starting-in-safety" process].

To eliminate the fault, I have to totally shutdown the system and switch off the service and engine batteries for a period of time.

I understand that David B had a similar failure. If someone could provide some suggestions I'd be interested because I am starting to run out of ideas for troubleshooting.

Thanks in advance.

Bienvenue a CF, Jean-Marc!
LittleWing77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2021, 18:30   #4

Problème de D&G océanis 45

YanmarDock and Go”??
If so, you need a Yanmar tech.
skipperpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2021, 19:45   #5

Boat: Sabre 402

Beneteau site says "Dock & Go" is their internally developed integration system for coordinating the engine, bow thruster, and a 360º pivoting saildrive unit on certain boats in their Oceanis line. Google search for "Yanmar Dock & Go" does not lead far. It would seem that Beneteau would need to provide guidance on this. The fact that the engine slows to idle and the flashing warning light goes on the joystick when simply under power sounds like the system might be finding a problem with the motor controlling the pivoting saildrive unit, (even when just motoring along) and shutting things down until it "knows" better. It may be a software glitch or a problem with a circuitboard. Jean-Marc has not said what he (or Beneteau) have done over the past 4 years to try to fix this problem, so one guess is as good as any. Perhaps he is leaving the D&G "on" when he's motoring, and the system thinks he wants to dock, because it is "on", and is confused, and so shuts down everything. Perhaps turning the system 'off' would keep this from happening. Technology is great when it works. Not so much when it doesn't. This problem has not come up a lot on French sailing websites, but this thread https://www.hisse-et-oh.com/sailing/...ur-la-fiabilte mentions a few things like low battery levels shutting the system down, (the thruster and pivot motors are electric) water getting into the joysticks and autopilots needing to be on... Jean-Marc needs to tell us more so we can eliminate at least some things.

P.S. Salut Jean-Marc. Tu as vu ceci? https://www.hisse-et-oh.com/sailing/...ur-la-fiabilte. Vaudrait la peine d'investiguer.
psk125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2021, 21:06   #6

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Thanks, Little Wing77 for the translation, and psk125 for the helpful response.

JPA Cate
Old 22-08-2021, 23:50   #7

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4676.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	191.7 KB
ID:	244120
skipperpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2021, 09:02   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by psk125 View Post
Beneteau site says "Dock & Go" is their internally developed integration system for coordinating the engine, bow thruster, and a 360º pivoting saildrive unit on certain boats in their Oceanis line. Google search for "Yanmar Dock & Go" does not lead far. It would seem that Beneteau would need to provide guidance on this. The fact that the engine slows to idle and the flashing warning light goes on the joystick when simply under power sounds like the system might be finding a problem with the motor controlling the pivoting saildrive unit, (even when just motoring along) and shutting things down until it "knows" better. It may be a software glitch or a problem with a circuitboard. Jean-Marc has not said what he (or Beneteau) have done over the past 4 years to try to fix this problem, so one guess is as good as any. Perhaps he is leaving the D&G "on" when he's motoring, and the system thinks he wants to dock, because it is "on", and is confused, and so shuts down everything. Perhaps turning the system 'off' would keep this from happening. Technology is great when it works. Not so much when it doesn't. This problem has not come up a lot on French sailing websites, but this thread https://www.hisse-et-oh.com/sailing/...ur-la-fiabilte mentions a few things like low battery levels shutting the system down, (the thruster and pivot motors are electric) water getting into the joysticks and autopilots needing to be on... Jean-Marc needs to tell us more so we can eliminate at least some things.

P.S. Salut Jean-Marc. Tu as vu ceci? https://www.hisse-et-oh.com/sailing/...ur-la-fiabilte. Vaudrait la peine d'investiguer.
Merci pour votre retour d'information, PSK 125 et les autres
Effectivement le voilier a eu cette panne des le début des navigations;

Le SAV Bénéteau est venu à plusieurs reprises et à changer la manette des GAz
et le Joskit et de mon coté j'ai nettoyé les contacts et j 'ai changé un relais.
Concernant le moteur du POD il est d'origine.
Beneteau m'a dit que la mise à jour du logiciel en 2015 a été faite
D'autre part j'ai eu un accident en 2017 lors de la remise à l'eau du voilier le cable de la grue à cassé et la voilier a fait une chute dans la darse. nous avons déposé le moteur et le pod puis ouvert le pod pour constater des engrenages fissurés;
Le pod est reparti en usine chez ZF italie pour reconditionnement et remplacement des couronnes fissurées
Voila des informations complémentaires
A vous lire

Merci JM
Old 23-08-2021, 09:41   #9

Boat: Sabre 402

Does not sound like anyone has really investigated what is wrong with this unit. If changing out the joystick didn't fix it, the problem has to be somewhere else. The issues brought up in the French thread on Hisse-et-oh: low batteries, the autopilot setting, etc., still have not been eliminated, based on what Jean-Marc has said. The 2015 software may need re-installing. The problems began when J-M purchased the boat in 2017. That is when the boat was dropped in the slings and needed to have the engine removed and the pod sent off to Italy to replace/repair cracked gears. That would make it a likely place to start looking. An accessory as expensive as this one (multiple thousands of euros) should absolutely not interfere with normal operation of the boat: shifting the engine to idle while under way is dangerous. Beneteau should be able to explain why this happens, unwanted, and stop it from happening. A good many boats have this option, but not this problem, so it would seem that getting dropped has something to do with it.
psk125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2021, 10:40   #10

Merci pour ce retour,

Je vais le 12 septembre au salon nautique de Cannes en espérant voir un responsable béneteau.

Dans l'attente d'une réponse favorable de leur part pour faire une recherche plus approfondie sur mon voilier;
Old 24-08-2021, 05:14   #11

Boat: Beneteau Sense 55

Bonjour Jean Marc, let me use english in order to catch as many people as possible. The D&G system has been notoriously problematic for Beneteau. At least one boat was lost (Sense 50) when then engine went idle near the shore and the boat hit some reefs. I personally had 2 near catastrophic failures while in the marina with my wife severely hurting her back in Indonesia while trying to stop the boat from hitting another one again when i lost control of the engine. Beneteau has been a waste of time even praising the system on a recent ad on their website to which i strongly reacted to. I have a 2014 Sense 55 (purchased new) and started having issues in 2016. ZF in Singapore tried to troubleshoot the issue and went with the "shotgun approach" of replacing black boxes such as the VMU. A key issue with the problem is that it is inconsistent. The D&G system randomly failed for about 2 years. I lost total confidence in the boat. When i sailed from Singapore to Phuket in 2019, i had to stop and start the system at least 50 times during the passage. C&C in Thailand is the agent for ZF and carried out a comprehensive troubleshooting with a laptop. They never really found the rootcause of the issue but finally replaced the main harness which has all the connections to the various components. This seems to have resolved the issue. At least for now fingers crossed. The system integrates components from Yanmar, Quick and ZF, 3 vendors from 3 different countries. The 3 vendors are reputable on their own but the integration of their systems has been poorly designed with no easy back up system to go "manual" in the event of a failure. Google D&G again. There are lots of horror stories. Bonne chance, Robert
rlamoureux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2021, 05:48   #12

Un grand Merci RLamoureux
Pour ton retour d'expérience sur le D&G.
Je t'avoue que moi aussi je commence à avoir peur de sortir en mer.
je vais essayer de voir avec Bénéteau et énoncer les expériences malheureuses vécues par les plaisanciers
J'espère qu'il vont opter pour le remplacement du Cable
à suivre JM
Old 24-08-2021, 05:51   #13

A big thank you RLamoureux
For your feedback on D&G.
I admit that I too am beginning to be afraid of going out to sea.
I will try to see with Bénéteau and state the unfortunate experiences of boaters
I hope they will opt for the replacement of the Cable
to be continued JM
Old 24-08-2021, 06:50   #14

Boat: Beneteau Sense 55

Jean Marc, pour ton info, j'ai eu plus de succes avec ZF (Italie) qu'avec Beneteau
rlamoureux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2021, 07:34   #15

R Lamoureux,
Merci pour l'information car ici dans le département 13 il y a un seul partenaire ZF et je ne suis pas content de leur service.
Si tu as un contact en Italie je suis preneur